Zx Omni what is it? Is it any good?

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
Twig
Drutt

Re: Zx Omni what is it? Is it any good?

Post by Twig »

Hi,

I finally got my omni the other day and have been playing around with it, so far so good! Some really good information here on what can and can't be done.

Just wondering, is it possible to use poke files for games? If so, how do you do it?

Also, the save state function is acting a bit funky for me. I press the NMI button, then S, it goes straight back the game but frozen. When I reset I see a sna file created a 0 bytes. Any thoughts?

Cheers
Twig
Drutt

Post by Twig »

Couldn't find the edit, but I worked out I was just being impatient with the save state.

As for pokes, it looks like NMI navigator has some support for them. but I'm struggling to actually get the pokes working. The workaround is to snapshot it in an emulator and save that state and load it in the omni. Which is kinda hit and miss.

Still, figured I'd update in case anyone was interested.
Twig
Drutt

Post by Twig »

Does anyone know what power supplies I can use with the Omni? Could I just use any old ZX PSU?
Namtip
Drutt

Post by Namtip »

Just been told by missus that my laptop version has arrived :dance . Gonna be a long day at work now before I get home... :evil: