Come-cocos

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

R-Tape
Site Admin

Come-cocos

Post by R-Tape »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip9cLeYv5IE

Does anyone have the tape file for this? Maybe [mention]Daren[/mention]? I see that god of gaming, Albert Valls, submitted the RZX, is he around?
Daren
Manic Miner

Re: Come-cocos

Post by Daren »

I've emailed Albert asking if he knows if the tape file is available.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

I can't find the game entry in the database. Does it exist?
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:38 pm I can't find the game entry in the database. Does it exist?
Not until the next update. It somehow has been missed all this time.

Here's a snapshot made from the RZX until then. It's a nice little Pacman clone.

I see there are a few Spanish Pacman games called "Comecocos". How does that translate? It looks like "Eat coconuts".
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

R-Tape wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:46 pm
Juan F. Ramirez wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:38 pm I can't find the game entry in the database. Does it exist?
Not until the next update. It somehow has been missed all this time.

Here's a snapshot made from the RZX until then. It's a nice little Pacman clone.

I see there are a few Spanish Pacman games called "Comecocos". How does that translate? It looks like "Eat coconuts".
Yes, eat coconuts.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Andre Leao wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:52 pm Yes, eat coconuts.
Interesting. So is that what all Pacman games are to Spanish and Portuguese people? Not gobbling pills but coconuts?
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

I suppose is the usual thing in which a guy translates it that way and after that everyone says 'coconuts eater'.

That's curious, I've never thought about if they were pills or coconuts, just assumed its name since the first time I've heard (and seen) of it, I don't remember when.

The only thing I perfectly remember of it was the first time I saw that screen and the sounds and lights... :shock: