The Mysteries of...TS-Conf

Field Programmable Gate Array based devices! As exciting as they sound
akeley
Dynamite Dan

The Mysteries of...TS-Conf

Post by akeley »

Trying to wrap my head around this...machine? FPGA config? Core? Ahhh...gotta love obscure ZX siblings :)

Played around with its core on MiSTer yesterday. I have a pre made .vhd with some stuff on it. It boots into Wild Commander. There are also .tap and .scl games.

I was wondering...

-how to run an .scl file? When I choose it in WC the RamDisk option shows up, then after I choose it it offers to boot to either TR-DOS or Basic. What should I choose and what commands to use later to load it?
-what are .spg files?
-so is there any exclusive software which could run only on TS-Conf? I mean, not 1:1 conversions, something new?
-anybody can point out some collections of TS-Conf soft?
-it's not included in ZXDB as a separate machine...should it?
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Re: The Mysteries of...TS-Conf

Post by Pegaz »

When I was fiddling with ts-conf on PC, I used this site as a base.
I think all the essential software for this configuration is listed here:
http://prods.tslabs.info/index.php?t=2
azesmbog
Manic Miner

Post by azesmbog »

then it's better to start from the head page
http://prods.tslabs.info/
First of all, you need to update Wild Commander to version 1.01 in the image and add files, TRD, SCL, SPG, TAP, SNA to it
The demo is highly recommended.
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

Thanks, but I already have a workable setup with WC and lots of files. Just don't know what specifically to do with .scl files, how to handle the RamDisk?
azesmbog
Manic Miner

Post by azesmbog »

We press "ENTER" several times - everything will start there by itself, most often a boot with autoload
[media]https://youtu.be/P2ylZPalA3A?t=458[/media]
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

Today I tried again my TS-Conf setup with UnrealSpeccy and indeed some games that normally work on base conf, failed to start on TS Conf...
For example, Time Gal has no picture, only sound, while Edge Grinder will not work at all, just gives red flashing screen.
However, the biggest problem is that I don't know how to run CP/M games from ATM 2 models, such as the great Prince of Persia port.
Can any of this run on TS-Conf properly in some way ?
akeley
Dynamite Dan

Post by akeley »

Managed to figure out how to load the .scl files: choose one in Wild Commander, choose RAM disk slot, choose TR-DOS, then it will boot to TR-DOS. Then type CAT (Extended mode+Symbol Shift+9), and a list of files will appear. That list can be quite confusing, but try to figure the name of the "A" file, and type LOAD "that file name", and something should happen. It will either autorun, or load a BASIC program and display "OK" - after that type RUN and the prog should start.