Searching for a listing of game in a magazine in the 80's

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
robbiekonijn
Drutt

Searching for a listing of game in a magazine in the 80's

Post by robbiekonijn »

Hi all, I am searching for a listing of an adventure game which was published in the 80's.

Short: Spies need to find a crazy professor called Sweinstein and he released a beacon which was needed to be found too. The game ran through all the capitals in Europe and always gave hints where the prof and the beacon were 3 days ago. The game came with a board of Europe printed in the middle of the magazine and buttons which were the spies.

I had the listing, but it was lost during the last move to a new house last year.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Searching for a listing of game in a magazine in the 80's

Post by PeterJ »

What computer was this for [mention]robbiekonijn[/mention], and was the magazine a UK one?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

robbiekonijn
Drutt

Post by robbiekonijn »

Thank you all, I was indeed looking for Treachery. Does someone have the hardcopy code scanned in for me which I can download?
+3code

Post by +3code »

robbiekonijn wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:40 pm Thank you all, I was indeed looking for Treachery. Does someone have the hardcopy code scanned in for me which I can download?
It's in the page posted by PeterJ, https://archive.org/stream/computer-vid ... 5/mode/1up
robbiekonijn
Drutt

Post by robbiekonijn »

+3code wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:50 pm
robbiekonijn wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:40 pm Thank you all, I was indeed looking for Treachery. Does someone have the hardcopy code scanned in for me which I can download?
It's in the page posted by PeterJ, https://archive.org/stream/computer-vid ... 5/mode/1up
I found it, thank you all very much!!
Stu
Manic Miner

Post by Stu »

Just posted some info in the little corrections thread that might be of interest: Treachery was written by Mike Singleton, and the 1985 C&VG yearbook has BBC & C64 versions, plus a comic strip and some playing tips.
WhatHoSnorkers
Manic Miner

Post by WhatHoSnorkers »

I've got an electronic copy of the board and the counters (I recreated the ones you can't see from the cover) which if you want I can send in? I've started working on a video about it.

Step 1) Type it in
Step 2) Realise you need the board and counters so print them out and glue them together
Step 3) Go full Maurice Binder...
I have a little YouTube channel of nonsense
https://www.youtube.com/c/JamesOGradyWhatHoSnorkers