(Re)discovering the Turbosound FM

On the creation of AY or Beeper music, including the packages used to do so.
Szk
Drutt

Re: (Re)discovering the Turbosound FM

Post by Szk »

[Update 15/Feb/2023]

After almost 2 years of research, I can finally publish my first project draft: https://gitlab.com/Szk_BR/Explorer-FM.

If you're familiar with NedoPC's TS and TSFM hardware, I/O decoding and chip select mechanisms, please check out my schematic Rev 0.3, and let me know your impressions, any logic errors you can find, any feedback will be important at this point, as I expect to start the protoboard trial phase soon.

If you are interested in prototyping your own and help me make it a finished product, please feel free to do so. I didn't fix a BOM yet, but the 2 critical parts should be easy to source (under the usual caveats) at low cost: the Yamaha YMF288-M and the NEC uPD6376. The latter is the DAC, other 2 alternatives proven in similar circuits are the NEC uPD6379 and the ROHM BU9480F. Whatever you do, please share your experiences!

@Alone Coder can you please forward this message to CHRV and lvd? I'd love to chat with them about this project, but I'm not sure they speak English, while I can't speak Russian...
Alone Coder
Manic Miner

Re: (Re)discovering the Turbosound FM

Post by Alone Coder »

Forwarded. They speak English.