Running IF2 cartridges in MacOS Fuse

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
evilpaul
Manic Miner

Running IF2 cartridges in MacOS Fuse

Post by evilpaul »

I'm trying to get IF2 game cartridges to run in the MacOS version of Fuse. I would expect to...
- Choose Fuse/Preferences...
- Select the Machine tab
- Choose Spectrum 16k
- Select the ROM tab
- Select Spectrum 16k
- Click on 'Choose...' to change the ROM from '48.rom'
However.. when I do this I cannot choose the ROM file - all files are greyed out in the finder. I guess I might just need to name the ROM file with the correct extension, but what would that be? It's not '.rom', because that doesn't work.

Any ideas about what I am missing or doing wrong?
PROSM
Manic Miner

Re: Running IF2 cartridges in MacOS Fuse

Post by PROSM »

It works for me on Windows if you drag and drop the .ROM file onto Fuse (though it must have the extension .ROM to be recognised). No need to fiddle with the ROM selection dialog. Whether it works on MacOS is a different matter, but it should, since all versions of Fuse are derived from the same code.
All software to-date
Working on something, as always.
evilpaul
Manic Miner

Post by evilpaul »

Can't seem to just drag and drop the ROM. The emulator cores are the same between the different versions, but I think there's some difference in the UIs.

Anyway... managed to solve it - it was a silly issue with me not renaming the file properly, now I can select it from the ROM menu file selector :oops:

Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ast A. Moore »

First you need to enable the Interface 2 in Preference > Inputs. Then you can choose Media > Cartridge and load your IF2 cartridge file.
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
evilpaul
Manic Miner

Post by evilpaul »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:51 pm First you need to enable the Interface 2 in Preference > Inputs. Then you can choose Media > Cartridge and load your IF2 cartridge file.
Aha.. that's what I was missing! Works as expected now, ie: I can load a .rom file from the file menu. Thanks :)