Perico Jones?

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Perico Jones?

Post by Einar Saukas »

According to old WoS, Perico Jones (a.k.a. Paco Jones) was originally published by MicroHobby in 1987 inside a magazine covertape.

However I cannot find it in any of the MicroHobby tapes or magazines, except as type-in in MicroHobby #164 page 10 in 1988. This magazine reference appears in old WoS, but not as the original publication.

Does anyone have more information about this game?
zup
Manic Miner

Re: Perico Jones?

Post by zup »

MHoogle says that the listing was published on MH164.

The tape included on MH187 contents were:
- Abu Simbel Profanation (note that the protagonist was called Johnny Jones).
- Space Hunter.
- Loaders (=cheats) for WEC Le mans, Alien Syndrome, The Deep, The Monsters and Victory Road.

AFAIK, Perico Jones was never published on tape.

You can search (hint: it doesn't work very well) MicroHobby contents using MHOOGLE. The magazines and tape are available on MicroHobby Forever.

Note that the tapes are complete dumps, including games non available on WOS / Spectrum Computing (i.e.: Gunfright).

About the tapes, MicroHobby published three series of tapes:
- MicroHobby Semanal: Every tape contained all the "big" listings published on four magazines (i.e.: 1-4, 5-8 and so on). Small snippets were not included. The last tape included programs from issues 121 to 124.
- MicroHobby Cassette: 13 tapes than seems to include programs that were too big to fit as listings on the magazines.
- MicroHobby Selección: On Issue 182, MicroHobby went into a monthly magazine, and start to include tapes with a mix of demos, utilities, retail games, loaders and a few reader's programs.

Perico Jones was too new to be published on MicroHobby Semanal or MicroHobby Cassette. OTOH, MicroHobby Selección didn't include any of the old listings.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: Perico Jones?

Post by Einar Saukas »

Thanks for the confirmation!