Yet another Microdrive emulator...

For experts to discuss very technical stuff and newbies to ask why the Spectrum they bought off ebay doesn't work.
xelalex
Dizzy

Re: Yet another Microdrive emulator...

Post by xelalex »

Development build is uploaded, so you can try this out. Even though I'm quite confident this won't mess up your repo, it's still a good idea to make a backup before you start... :D
8BitSC
Microbot

Post by 8BitSC »

Your latest development build seems to be working just fine so far.

Glad to see you thought to put the trash icon only on the local repo and not on the ZXDB. It shows you did some serious testing before release.

Having the trash folder outside of the client folder means we can still have access to download or empty the trash using SSH and webdav.
xelalex
Dizzy

Post by xelalex »

OqtaDrive 0.5.3 has been released.
8BitSC
Microbot

Post by 8BitSC »

@xelalex Today, I noticed v0.6.0 has been released.

The release notes state re-flashing the adaptor is required.

Is anything other than initiating an upgrade from the OqtaDrive config page needed, in order to perform a full upgrade?

After performing an on-device upgrade, my OqtaDrive reports its firmware as deamon: 0.6.0, interface: protocol 5, firmware 28.

Thank you for your continued support for the OqtaDrive.
xelalex
Dizzy

Post by xelalex »

8BitSC wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:35 am @xelalex Today, I noticed v0.6.0 has been released.
Yes, this has been released last week. There actually should have been a dot on the Config tab indicating that a new release is available. I may have to add color to make it more noticeable.
The release notes state re-flashing the adaptor is required. Is anything other than initiating an upgrade from the OqtaDrive config page needed, in order to perform a full upgrade? After performing an on-device upgrade, my OqtaDrive reports its firmware as deamon: 0.6.0, interface: protocol 5, firmware 28.
No, upgrading via the Web UI will take care of everything, including flashing the adapter, so you're all set. The release notes are kept very generic, since there are many different configurations in which you could run an OqtaDrive.
xelalex
Dizzy

Post by xelalex »

OqtaDrive 0.7.0 Release Candidate 1 (RC1) is available. Biggest addition in this release is support for Sinclair Network over the Internet, for transparently connecting Spectrums (and later also QLs) over the Internet using the Sinclair Network protocol. The implementation of this feature required several refactorings, which should not impact the existing Microdrive functionality. But getting some feedback before making the official 0.7.0 release would certainly be appreciated.
xelalex
Dizzy

Post by xelalex »

OqtaDrive 0.7.0 has just been released. Documentation for the new network feature has moved to here.