Dream emulator features

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
Turtle_Quality
Manic Miner

Re: Dream emulator features

Post by Turtle_Quality »

stupidget wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:06 pm I’d like to be able to cut ‘n paste type-ins into an emulator to then be able to mess about with them.

I’d also like an easy way to enter pokes with the Emulator possibly running a scan of a tap/SNA/tzx file and giving a list of potential pokes. As you can probably tell I have no idea how pokes work so this is probably not possible at all :D
BasinC and Spin both have the option to paste text into the emulator. The Zero emulator has a Basic Importer tool
zxplay.org lets you copy in Basic or assembly code and then run it. I think if you setup a login you can save progress to the site, not sure if you can save a TAP back to your PC though
I would say BasinC is your best option for type-ins

Re POK files, some emulators support thems, seems doable that they could find and apply a POK with the same filename (much like many movie players will automatically play an srt subtitle file of the same name). But maybe it's better just to load the rom file (TAP/SNA/Z80 ...) apply the POK then save a new snapshot as your modified version.
Definition of loop : see loop
Turtle_Quality
Manic Miner

Post by Turtle_Quality »

The ZEsarUX emulator just added a "smart POK loader", mentioned in this thread .

viewtopic.php?t=9272
Definition of loop : see loop
XoRRoX
Manic Miner

Post by XoRRoX »

Turtle_Quality wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:46 am BasinC and Spin both have the option to paste text into the emulator. The Zero emulator has a Basic Importer tool
zxplay.org lets you copy in Basic or assembly code and then run it. I think if you setup a login you can save progress to the site, not sure if you can save a TAP back to your PC though
I would say BasinC is your best option for type-ins

Re POK files, some emulators support thems, seems doable that they could find and apply a POK with the same filename (much like many movie players will automatically play an srt subtitle file of the same name). But maybe it's better just to load the rom file (TAP/SNA/Z80 ...) apply the POK then save a new snapshot as your modified version.
Additionally, Speccy also has to ability to paste in BASIC from the clipboard by using Hardware/Paste Clipboard.
marenja
Microbot

Post by marenja »

I would be happy to know the source of stack values besides stack addresses for those values. I have painted expected information in the picture. Address 8000 shows information not about value in stack, but about stack assignment, ld SP,(30000). Next values are obvious register operations with stack, caused by push DE : push AF : ex (SP),HL.

Double dec SP operations were used e.g. to calculate real code execution address, something like call 148 (which has RET opcode) : dec SP: dec SP: pop HL: ld DE, 1234: add HL, DE: push HL: ret (and now execution have jumped +1234 bytes relative to previous execution point.

Then stack contains 3 values at 7ff6, 7ff4, 7ff2 of sequential subroutine calls. They don't need any additional stack values description because those values already have necessary information. And final value for 7ff0 is an interruption handling, so it needs description.

Some emulators have only stack values info but no stack addresses which makes orientation move difficult.