The latest ZXDB update will be applied this evening at 1800 BST. The update takes around 30 minutes, and the site goes down whilst this happens.

Need help getting Spectrum on MiSTer

Field Programmable Gate Array based devices! As exciting as they sound
OldGamer
Drutt

Need help getting Spectrum on MiSTer

Post by OldGamer »

Greetings, I am trying to get Spectrum games working on my MiSTer, I've fully updated it, including the Spectrum core but I cannot get any games to load at all.

If I pick a .tap file the screen either remains black or had a white border with a few flashing blocks on it.
I've tried a reinstall but am getting the same.

Can anyone help please?
hitm4n
Manic Miner

Re: Need help getting Spectrum on MiSTer

Post by hitm4n »

Check out the wiki on the mister spectrum and the supported formats. Particularly the notes on TAP loading. You may just need to press F1.
Hope the page helps.
I don't have anything cool to put here, so i'll just be off now to see a priest with yeast stuck between his teeth and his friend called Keith who's a hairpiece thief...
azesmbog
Manic Miner

Re: Need help getting Spectrum on MiSTer

Post by azesmbog »

OldGamer wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:38 pm If I pick a .tap file the screen either remains black or had a white border with a few flashing blocks on it.
I would like to see a few photos from the screen at the same time.
Usually we select the .TAP file via F12 and it should automatically load.
You can also try pressing F10 after that - this is also a download.
The third option is also possible, as for me, nothing works, but I'm used to it :))

There is also an alternative option - the core from Kyp - it works well for me :))