We have temporarily enabled Cloudflare 'Under Attack Mode', as CPU usage has hit 100%

My fantasy version of OutRun

Propose new game/software design concepts or new game/software ideas. They can be as whimsical as you like, just be careful you don't ask someone to make it for you...
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

My fantasy version of OutRun

Post by Lee Bee »

I'm sure we'd all love to see a really good colourful version of OutRun on the Speccy someday. Here's my fantasy illustration of how it could look:

In reality, the graphical techniques I have in mind for this could be too CPU intensive. I'm not a coder, so I don't really know, and I certainly won't be making it.

One thing I can make, though, is music! :-) I have already made AY versions of all four tunes from the OutRun arcade machine, including my favourite, Passing Breeze, which was missing from the original Speccy version.

I'm planning to share all my music when I get my YouTube channel up and running, but in the mean time, here is a short sneak preview of the tunes!
Ast A. Moore
Rick Dangerous

Re: My fantasy version of OutRun

Post by Ast A. Moore »

The tunes sound lovely! Very reminiscent of the era. Brilliant!
Every man should plant a tree, build a house, and write a ZX Spectrum game.

Author of A Yankee in Iraq, a 50 fps shoot-’em-up—the first game to utilize the floating bus on the +2A/+3,
and zasm Z80 Assembler syntax highlighter.
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Re: My fantasy version of OutRun

Post by Lee Bee »

Ast A. Moore wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:57 pm The tunes sound lovely! Very reminiscent of the era. Brilliant!
Thank you sir. I have lots of music coming in the future! :-)