The best Speccy game by Mission Software: vote

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...

Poll ended at Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:51 pm

Mission 1: Project Volcano
No votes
Mission 2: Project Gibraltar
100%

Total votes: 3

PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Seven days to pick your favourite out of, er, this one or the other one. Thrilling, eh?

No proportional voting, for the obvious reason...

Mission 1: Project Volcano

Mission 2: Project Gibraltar
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Hank Scorpio
Manic Miner

Re: The best Speccy game by Mission Software: vote

Post by Hank Scorpio »

They both have a limited parser but Mission 2 is the more polished of the two, so that got my vote.

I sometimes use Google Maps to look up where Software Companies were based, I assumed Mission Software to be some sort of homebrew, mail order type based in a flat or house and err, um...Crikey!

hitm4n
Manic Miner

Post by hitm4n »

Voted for the second one as it was released later... so it must have been better.... right?
I don't have anything cool to put here, so i'll just be off now to see a priest with yeast stuck between his teeth and his friend called Keith who's a hairpiece thief...
Nick
Manic Miner

Post by Nick »

Tried them both and couldn't get very far at all without visiting the Tipshop site. Mission 2 is the better of the two though, so I voted for that.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Well, the votes are in, and it's Mission 2, with 3 votes. Outright winner.

Mission 1 got absolutely ZERO votes, so it's not like I can say "wow, what a close call" or owt like that.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
WhatHoSnorkers
Manic Miner

Post by WhatHoSnorkers »

I just played Mission 1 (and managed to soft lock it, so completed it by cheating). Some interesting ideas but a bit dull.

You can't break in to the BASIC code. Or you can but it then instantly goes CONTINUE. 77 bytes of M/C and also line 1 of the program looks a bit weird/REM statement-y.
I have a little YouTube channel of nonsense
https://www.youtube.com/c/JamesOGradyWhatHoSnorkers