KickStarter - How do you change your address?

The Speccy's spritely young offspring. Discuss everything from FPGA to ZX
J2112Z
Dizzy

KickStarter - How do you change your address?

Post by J2112Z »

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong section...

Does anyone know how to change your address info. in Kickstarter?

I've recently moved house, and I'm laying square eggs that when my Speccy Next is shipped, it'll be go to my old address!

I've tried contacting Henrique Olifiers, and his reply was:

"Go to KS, Campaign, Pledge, Survey."

I've no idea what that means. I can't find anything relating to an account or profile page on KickStarter.

Please help. Thanks in advance.
J2112Z
Dizzy

Re: KickStarter - How do you change your address?

Post by J2112Z »

UPDATE: I think I've stumbled across it. I've just clicked on the icon on the top right hand corner that, to me looks like a globe with a green 'zit' or 'bogie' hanging off of it(???), and it took me to a page listing options such as 'profile' and 'settings', and clicking on 'settings' allowed me to enter a shipping address, which I have done, clicked 'apply to all', and then saved all my settings.

Have I done this right?
Alcoholics Anonymous
Microbot

Post by Alcoholics Anonymous »

I think that will probably work but you can doublecheck by following Henrique's method. The option is not available on mobile; make sure you're on desktop.

From the KS page, scroll down a little and you will see some tabs "campaign, faq, updates, ...". Click on "campaign", you'll see your selected pledge on the right, click that to view your pledge and there should be a survey where you can see your shipping address.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sp ... xt-issue-2
J2112Z
Dizzy

Post by J2112Z »

Just to clarify: I'm doing all of this on my laptop, no phone, no apps.

By the 'KS' page, I presume this refers to the home page? If so, then I'm unable to see any tabs relating to 'FAQs' or 'campaign'. The only tabs I can see are labelled: 'Arts Comics & Illustration Design & Tech Film Food & Craft Games Music Publishing'.

I'm browsing this on Google Chrome. I've tried browsing the home page on Firefox to see if the tabs relating to relating to 'FAQs' or 'campaign' appear on there. They don't, but oddly, the 'globe' icon on the top right hand corner is missing, and is replaced by 'log in'???
Alcoholics Anonymous
Microbot

Post by Alcoholics Anonymous »

Yes you must do it from the spectrum next kickstarter page. There's a link in the image in my post. You'll have to log into kickstarter first to see your pledge info.

Scroll down and you'll see the "campaign, ..." toolbar as shown at the top of this picture. On the right is the list of pledges. If you are signed in you can scroll that and see which one you pledged for. There should be a link there to a survey that contains your address info.
J2112Z
Dizzy

Post by J2112Z »

@Alcoholics Anonymous: Thanks for responding.

When I clicked on the image, it took me to the image hosting website (Postimages), and not to the KickStarter page. Probably me doing something wrong there? :?

Anyway, I logged into KickStarter, and for some strange reason, the 'Campaign...' toolbar was *below*, and not above as in your example??? :?

From there, by accident more than by design, I stumbled onto a page displaying a photo of the Speccy Next and the message: "Successfully funded on Sep 10 2020". Underneath there were three options: Reward, Survey, and Messages. Clicking on Survey displayed my (new and current) address. So, I assume all is present & correct, and there should be nothing to worry about (he said with fingers crossed).

So, thanks again for your help. I think it must be me being a numpty, but I find navigating my way through KickStarter a complete nightmare - it's all counter-intuitive to me! (like Windows 8) :?
llewelyn
Manic Miner

Post by llewelyn »

I'm so frustrated with trying to find a way to change my address that I feel like bursting into tears because I'm so bloody stupid! Henrique sent me instructions, I tried the instructions here, nothing work for me I can't find PLEDGE or SURVEY where the hell are they? Why don't they have a simple page just for something like this?
scoppack
Dizzy

Post by scoppack »

Just thought i'd try, and when i clicked the globe (top right) and selected ZX Spectrum Next - Issue 2
A huge blue banner across the page says, 'You backed this project' with, Mark as received, View pledge, and View survey.
'View survey' opens a pop up with my address and an edit option under it.
This is using Chrome browser

And just read all posts, bit late! oops
llewelyn
Manic Miner

Post by llewelyn »

It was my Adblocker arsenal that was preventing me from seeing the pledge outlined in blue! Apologies for false alarm, I made the changes, thanks.