Is it possible to increase the number of 'Recent Topics'?

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Is it possible to increase the number of 'Recent Topics'?

Post by stupidget »

Is it possible to increase the number of Recent Topics that are listed at the top of the Forum? At the moment it's just the topics that I'm not interested in that keep showing up in the Recent Topics and I'd rather be seeing stuff about new games/software, interesting Announcements or NEXT Info. Is this something that I can do in my profile preferences or is there a way to get notifications on the topics that I'm really interested in?
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Re: Is it possible to increase the number of 'Recent Topics'?

Post by stupidget »

It's more to do with the fact that there is a hell of a lot of activity in the Speccy scene at the moment (just look at Twitter, Facebook ( :evil: ) and Indie Retro News), but with only 4 Recent Topics listed on here the good/interesting stuff, such as the new games that [mention]Andre Leao[/mention] does a great job posting about, gets lost. Having Topic notifications would be a great option.
Andre Leao
Bugaboo

Post by Andre Leao »

stupidget wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:09 pm It's more to do with the fact that there is a hell of a lot of activity in the Speccy scene at the moment (just look at Twitter, Facebook ( :evil: ) and Indie Retro News), but with only 4 Recent Topics listed on here the good/interesting stuff, such as the new games that @Andre Leao does a great job posting about, gets lost. Having Topic notifications would be a great option.
Thanks for the reference :)
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

So I can Subscribe to an individual Topic, such as RA Episode 266: The Rubber Keyed Wonder in Announcements, and get notifications via email when someone adds a new post to that thread, but I can't subscribe to the actual Announcements topic?
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

Would this link help?
Also available from the Quick Links drop down menu (top left).

To subscribe to a forum or sub-forum, go right to the bottom of the page/screen of that forum or sub-forum, then click the ‘subscribe forum’ on the very bottom line ;)

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer being good this year.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

1024MAK wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:26 pm Would this link help?
Also available from the Quick Links drop down menu (top left).
That'll do nicely sir :D :D
Nitrowing
Manic Miner

Post by Nitrowing »

I have 'Unread Posts' bookmarked :)
PQR
Manic Miner

Post by PQR »

There are also the clickable numbers at the top right that will show more "recent topics".
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

PQR wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:15 pm There are also the clickable numbers at the top right that will show more "recent topics".
Indeed, I did wonder why you were not using the pagination [mention]stupidget[/mention]?

The other suggestions are excellent too.

Just incase people were not aware, we use an off the shelf forum package called phpBB. We can usually help here, but as a last resort you can also ask on their forums.