Savage Princess 2

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
Keezees
Drutt

Savage Princess 2

Post by Keezees »

To those of you who bought Savage Princess, thank you, it seemed to go down quite well with folk, so I'm working on the sequel in AGDx again. Changing things up a bit with more of a puzzle element and the player now starts off with a sword that requires powering up to defeat specific baddies, culminating in the ability to KILL CTHULHU.

Oh and to modernise the game a bit, I have given the player infinite lives...BUT AT A COST. Namely Princess Ava gives you chastising looks in the HUD.

I'm currently working on lots of problems at the moment; implementing a wee tune I made for the menu screen, trying to turn a gif into a scr, trying to figure out why the collision detection for the player is 16 pixels off to the right; but I'm getting there.

Author of The Wicker Woman, In The Walls Of Eryx and Savage Princess 1 & 2, currently working on a port of Jump King.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Savage Princess 2

Post by R-Tape »

Looking forward to it. Brilliant graphics as always.
Keezees wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:42 am Oh and to modernise the game a bit, I have given the player infinite lives...BUT AT A COST. Namely Princess Ava gives you chastising looks in the HUD.
Top idea. I think infy lives, or counting the #fails is the way to go to keep modern players interested (I made progress, but still haven't completed #1). Even better if it's there a schtick to go with it.
RMartins
Manic Miner

Post by RMartins »

Very nice environment graphics.
zapiy
Drutt

Post by zapiy »

Can not wait for this one, even if I am biased lol.