Arcade-conversions category

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

PeterJ
Site Admin

Re: Arcade-conversions category

Post by PeterJ »

Go to licence / Inspiration on the advanced search and you will see things like Donkey Kong, Scramble, Pac-Man, Defender, Space Invaders etc. You can't multi select but makes picking arcade clones easy. Obviously put any additions in the little bugs thread (Remembering to include a link to the entry).
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

[mention]Rev_Stuart_Campbell[/mention],

Make a list with the game IDs (This is important. Just the title isn't enough) and the suggested arcade category and send to [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention] for suggested inclusion into ZXDB.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

What about this:

The SC homepage could have a link called ARCADES, together with MAGS, TOOLS and MUSIC. Clicking on it will provide a list of all arcade categories. Afterwards clicking on an arcade category will list all games from this category.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Sounds like a plan [mention]Einar Saukas[/mention]. Could we finalise the placing on the homepage menu structure when the data is ready?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

As mentioned above [mention]Rev_Stuart_Campbell[/mention], do a list with the games (with the IDs in a separate column) you want in the proposed new category.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Rev_Stuart_Campbell wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:59 pm A fine idea in itself, but not really what I'm talking about. Most of the existing "arcade" categories just mean "general action game", not "coin-op conversion".
No, I don't mean the genre of arcade games.

I mean games actually based on arcade coin-ops.

Take a look:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/references.php
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

PeterJ wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:56 pm Sounds like a plan @Einar Saukas. Could we finalise the placing on the homepage menu structure when the data is ready?
I'm not sure what you mean. Anyway this is the new link:

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/references.php

Could you please add it to the homepage?