Seb's Dungeon Adventure

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Seb's Dungeon Adventure

Post by worcestersource »

Hello everybody,

I'm quite glad I found this place! I've been coding a turn-based dungeon crawler by the name of Seb's Dungeon Adventure (named after my son).

It's being written in Boriel's zxbasic and I'm pretty happy with progress so far. The display code has been rewritten three times to improve speed, display flicker or reduce memory usage. Not sure if I'll end up finishing things but hopefully I will! I'm rather enjoying the challenge. 8-)

Cheers,

Steve
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Re: Seb's Dungeon Adventure

Redrawn the main character, added the key, some sound effects and started on the main game loop now there's enough content to make things work.

I'm quite chuffed with the map generation code. As the game progresses, it will generate random maps of increasing size. The engine already has placeholder graphics in place for three different tile sets.

Steve
RWAC
Manic Miner

Post by RWAC »

Looks great!
Keep going.
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Thanks!

The game loop now enables you to play a level, albeit without monsters and being unable to interact with anything other than the key and the trapdoor but at least you can play through now!

This also happened, which I thought was hilarious. I quite like the wall tiles on the floor, which I'll adopt in the second tileset.

I have some movement code refactoring to do, to reduce the footprint, and to add in diagonals.

Steve