Definitive list of games incompatible with +2A/+3 and of compatible versions (if any)

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
spider
Dynamite Dan

Re: Definitive list of games incompatible with +2A/+3 and of compatible versions (if any)

Post by spider »

stupidget wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:22 am I've never managed to get GAC to load on a Grey +2. BITD when I had my Grey +2 GAC would never work even in 48k mode and even when I got a +2 a few years ago and bought another copy of GAC that doesn't work either.
I had this too, as I moved from a (dead) 48K to the grey +2. The problem is the loader (iirc, I've not checked recently) , to fix this try the .tap not .tzx version, aka don' use the high speed Incentive PowerLoad version. :)
Bolton80
Microbot

Re: Definitive list of games incompatible with +2A/+3 and of compatible versions (if any)

Post by Bolton80 »

Alessandro wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:36 am P.S. I just added a fixed TAP file I made of the Gremlin translation to the collection for the DivIDE/DivMMC, you might want to play with it :)
Thanks @Alessandro

Post edited by PJ
amazin
Drutt

Post by amazin »

Another one, but I think it might be an easy fix?
it's a mod of the first Arkanoid, but made in Portugal and called, ahem, Arkanoid III.

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/4 ... kanoid_III

Thanks in advance!
PS: If you could add a "stop tape" to the TZX after the 6th block, it would be perfect, as it's one of those games that require you to press pause on the tape for some stupid reason...
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Hi @amazin,

unfortunately this is not the case of an "easy fix" because the Hit Squad re-release, which is +2A/+3 compatible, was heavily modified in order to overcome the compatibility issue.

As far as I can tell, the only way to run this mod on genuine hardware would be reprogramming it with the Hit Squad re-release as its basis. Sorry.
amazin
Drutt

Post by amazin »

Oh, I had forgotten about that, @Alessandro !!!! Makes complete sense, sorry for "lowering" the perceived difficulty. Well, okay, I'll let my friend know that for this hack, he'll have to run on a Toastrack/Grey +2.

Thanks ever so much for your help!

Grazie mille
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Metro Cross: Game crashes and causes a system reset a few screens after the beginning of level 5. Also see here:

https://www.spectrumcomputing.co.uk/for ... php?t=9699
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

About Metro Cross: The game seems to work as expected when loaded under 48 BASIC.

[Content edited and moved to the other thread about fixing the Metro Cross 128 mod by the writer]
Alessandro
Dynamite Dan

Post by Alessandro »

Ast A. Moore kindly provided a fixed TZX file that will work on the +2A/+3 under +3 BASIC and will show the mice from level 5 on as it should. For some strange reason, that does not seem to happen when you load the original unfixed file under 48 BASIC or USR 0 mode.

The list has been updated accordingly.
Bolton80
Microbot

Post by Bolton80 »

Hi All,

It seems recently recovered MIA Ant Attack https://planetasinclair.blogspot.com/20 ... k-mia.html isn't compatible with the +2A. The game loads and starts, but the controls don't work at all.

Anyone think they can fix this please?