Game Mockups/Ideas

Propose new game/software design concepts or new game/software ideas. They can be as whimsical as you like, just be careful you don't ask someone to make it for you...
zxbruno
Manic Miner

Re: Game Mockups/Ideas

Post by zxbruno »

This is fantastic. You have a talent for this.
Quantum Sheep
Dizzy

Post by Quantum Sheep »

Stunning stuff. Keeping my eye on all of this ;)

QS =D
helpcomputer0
Microbot

Post by helpcomputer0 »

Pokemon Yellow conversion idea

helpcomputer0
Microbot

Post by helpcomputer0 »

Jungle Tomb unfinished

Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

These are lovely!
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

If I were a coder I'd want to make all these into games!
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

I want to play this the most, which is no surprise given my leanings towards Target Renegade; Renegade; Double Dragon (arcade); Streets Of Rage (Sega Mega Drive), etc...

My favourite Amiga game is Syndicate, and although you can't seriously say this would be a ZX Spectrum clone of it, it's got that kind of vibe. I want to play this too.

I loved Pokemon on the GameBoy, but the 'compact' scenery here allows for a Feud sequel, with the feeling of an expanded playing area (even though scaled down, you know what I mean).

I'm not 100% what kind of game this would be, probably arcade adventure or a really long RPG but already I want to wander round that landscape. What a brilliant exercise of using a deliberately limited colour palette. Any more colours would actually ruin this.

I take my hat off to you, @helpcomputer0, my only annoyance is that these games don't exist! (Currently... I hope your suggestion is taken up.) You're highly talented.

For the first time in decades, I tried creating proper ZX Spectrum graphics last weekend*. I'd been putting it off for ages and when I sat down and came up with a nice little 16x16 sprite in monochrome, I was so surprised at how well I did it, and later on I animated a walk cycle that was pretty spot on. Not on your level, but I'm certainly chuffed about it, as back in the day I simply wasn't that good.

* = More on this, at a later date.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
helpcomputer0
Microbot

Post by helpcomputer0 »

PeteProdge wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:52 pm I take my hat off to you, @helpcomputer0, my only annoyance is that these games don't exist! (Currently... I hope your suggestion is taken up.) You're highly talented.

For the first time in decades, I tried creating proper ZX Spectrum graphics last weekend*. I'd been putting it off for ages and when I sat down and came up with a nice little 16x16 sprite in monochrome, I was so surprised at how well I did it, and later on I animated a walk cycle that was pretty spot on. Not on your level, but I'm certainly chuffed about it, as back in the day I simply wasn't that good.

* = More on this, at a later date.
Thanks Pete! Feel free to use anything in this thread but sounds like you're making your own art now!
helpcomputer0
Microbot

Post by helpcomputer0 »

Here's a new underwater shoot-em-up mockup, kinda based on the Submerged mockup earlier but with some nice colour effects. Most likely quite slow on a real Spectrum but it fits within the restrictions.