The 52 games with awards from all three major ZX Spectrum magazines

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Lethargeek
Manic Miner

Re: The 52 games with awards from all three major ZX Spectrum magazines

Post by Lethargeek »

Mpk wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:13 pm Just as bad, but longer.
does it mean that 99% other isometric games are even more dreadful garbage for you as LN2 is definitely better than those (Knight Lore included)? :mrgreen:
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

Lethargeek wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:51 am does it mean that 99% other isometric games are even more dreadful garbage for you as LN2 is definitely better than those (Knight Lore included)? :mrgreen:
If politics have thought me anything, it's that I can't be expected to stand over things I said a full year ago!

However, I still don't like the Last Ninja games. The controls are clunky and unpleasant.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

I wonder if I'm the only Speccy owner who just didn't like Robocop? I just found it too hard and somewhat boring, or maybe I found it boring because it was too hard? Either way, I'm not a fan.
Swainy
Manic Miner

Post by Swainy »

stupidget wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:46 am I wonder if I'm the only Speccy owner who just didn't like Robocop? I just found it too hard and somewhat boring, or maybe I found it boring because it was too hard? Either way, I'm not a fan.
Robocop is easy, It’s just a memory test really.
animaal
Microbot

Post by animaal »

I was a bit surprised not to see Tetris on the list, given the impact it had on video gaming and it's suitability to the graphical limitations of the Spectrum. But sure enough, Crash only deemed it worthy of 77%. Hard to believe it's not worthy, given some of the other games on the list. How many people (other than ourselves) would have even heard of Thundercats, or Action Force 2?
Sebsplace
Drutt

Post by Sebsplace »

Hi Peter

I thought I had done enough mentioning the forum that your post existed. In hindsight this was not enough and I have also added you to the video description. I went down the rabbit hole of ranking the games and forgot to properly credit the original idea properly and for that I apologise.

Regards

Seb
XTM
Manic Miner

Post by XTM »

animaal wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:20 pm I was a bit surprised not to see Tetris on the list, given the impact it had on video gaming and it's suitability to the graphical limitations of the Spectrum. But sure enough, Crash only deemed it worthy of 77%. Hard to believe it's not worthy, given some of the other games on the list.
The major flaw in the Speccy version where pressing down immediately landed the piece rather than accelerating its descent certainly didn't help.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Sebsplace wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:41 pm In hindsight this was not enough and I have also added you to the video description. I went down the rabbit hole of ranking the games and forgot to properly credit the original idea properly and for that I apologise.
Thanks Seb. I do like quite a lot of your videos BTW and I'll eventually return to producing more of my own once I get the time.
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
Sebsplace
Drutt

Post by Sebsplace »

Thank you, very kind. Do you have a channel?
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Sebsplace wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:45 pm Thank you, very kind. Do you have a channel?
It's in my signature here!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!