HEX Loader

Y'know, other stuff, Sinclair related.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

HEX Loader

Post by stupidget »

Anyone know or ever heard anything about this?:

It was advertised in this months Fortean Times. Is says there’s a spectrum game you can download from the website but when you go there there’s nothing to download.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Re: HEX Loader

Post by MatGubbins »

The download works for me. It plays rather similar to Cobra but without the scrolling screen. It may or may not have been made with Arcade Game Designer.
stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Ah, I was viewing the website on my phone and the top menu isn’t there.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Ta for the heads up. Combat Wombat is no longer a fictional game.

@Andy Green - I see here that you did the loading screen for this back in 2017. Do you know when the game was created and published?

Also - if anyone is in touch with Dan Whitehead (maybe he can help with published date too), can we include the TAP file of Combat Wombat in the archive? the next update it will have an entry with screenshots.
MatGubbins wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:21 pm It may or may not have been made with Arcade Game Designer.
Yep defo AGD, and not one of the newer versions. In addition to all the 'tells' in the game, the loop code at 32000 is a giveway.
Andy Green
Dizzy

Post by Andy Green »

I haven't spoken to Dan for a couple of years now but do recall him saying at one point in a conversation, "would be great if this was an actual ZX Spectrum game!". And it now is! Although couldn't tell you if this had approval from Dan or not. Honour to see my loading screen used though. :D