Zxspectrum.xyz issues

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
ianace
Manic Miner

Zxspectrum.xyz issues

Post by ianace »

Hi folks,

Been using this software for awhile, suddenly stopped working on my iPhone SE , it loads and I can see the screen and lists of games.

Try to play one , it will not load. Little coloured squares appear on the spectrum screen, like the Spectrum it self has crashed, anyone else has this? Tried it with a few games.

Seems to work fine on PC.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Re: Zxspectrum.xyz issues

Post by Luzie »

ianace wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:34 pm Hi folks,

Been using this software for awhile, suddenly stopped working on my iPhone SE , it loads and I can see the screen and lists of games.

Try to play one , it will not load. Little coloured squares appear on the spectrum screen, like the Spectrum it self has crashed, anyone else has this? Tried it with a few games.

Seems to work fine on PC.
Have you tried alternative Browser and switching emulated machine from 48k to 128k or 128k to 48k before selecting a game?
ianace
Manic Miner

Post by ianace »

Tried switching between modes, That made no difference. But I will try different browser on the iPhone.

Thanks
ianace
Manic Miner

Post by ianace »

Tried a couple of different browsers. Still the same result.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

Tried myself on IPhone SE, seems to work...

But on http://zxspectrum.xyz it shows: "For Fullscreen or Mobile": Select "Load at Torinak" (=Button in lower right corner). Which game do you select and which mode do you use for it (48k or 128k?).
firelord
Manic Miner

Post by firelord »

On my android firefox it seemed to work.

Btw, is there an easy way to grab all the 2020+2021 games? I want to add them to my personal SGD database...
ianace
Manic Miner

Post by ianace »

Tried all that, had an update on iPhone Recently wonder if that screwed it up!
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

ianace wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:12 pm Tried all that, had an update on iPhone Recently wonder if that screwed it up!
Strange, but possible. My IPhone SE is an older one with IOS12 (no updates anymore for my phone, so I can´t update to current IOS 15.5).
spider
Dynamite Dan

Post by spider »

It did not work for me via the Samsung browser on a mobile device (although iirc internally that is Chromium based anyway like Edge/Chrome)

Seems to half work on a desktop with Firefox (latest version)

I'm half wondering if its the fact its not https and some browsers may 'force' it to be, causing issues.

Don't have time to look further (other browsers etc) at the moment. Hopefully it will be updated/fixed soon.
Luzie
Manic Miner

Post by Luzie »

spider wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 2:14 pm I'm half wondering if its the fact its not https and some browsers may 'force' it to be, causing issues.
There´s a button "Enter site with HTTP Protocol" which I think, should be used if Problems occur.
ianace
Manic Miner

Post by ianace »

I’ll give that a go
ianace
Manic Miner

Post by ianace »

Tried it, same result, thanks for the idea though.
spider
Dynamite Dan

Post by spider »

Some browsers may attempt to force it to be https anyway regardless unfortunately. Can get an addon that does this for instance too.