Modern Retro Games for the ZX Spectrum - Updated Pricing

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
vintage-mike
Dizzy

Modern Retro Games for the ZX Spectrum - Updated Pricing

Post by vintage-mike »

Vintage Software Systems Ltd has new and updated pricing for all their modern retro game titles for the ZX Spectrum, emulators or Windows / Linux PCs. These are not just repackaged games, they are modern releases, hand-coded, line by line in Z80 assembler, from the ground up - inspired by classic arcade games and retro titles from the 8-bit era.

The full downloads contain audio files for loading directly into vintage ZX computers, .tap and .tzx files for use with ZX Spectrum emulators, and stand-alone versions for Windows and Linux PCs. The stand-alone versions also include a CRT display simulation, complete with phosphor persistence and screen curvature to complete the authentic experience.

In addition, there are now demos to download for free, or the option to buy just the ZX Spectrum and emulator compatible versions. At only £2.95 for the ZX only versions, and £4.95 for the full versions these are outstanding value (and still less expensive than, well, just about anything in the UK right now :) )

More at: www.vintagesoftwaresystems.co.uk
spider
Dynamite Dan

Re: Modern Retro Games for the ZX Spectrum - Updated Pricing

Post by spider »

I think that's a good step (apologies if its a price change and you've done the 'split' before) in that having a 'ZX only' download is something I'd personally want, not wanting a Windows/Linux executable version of it, even though I do realise you've put a lot of effort into what is in effect an emulator (I think) for each game to allow them to run directly on a desktop/laptop etc. :)
vintage-mike
Dizzy

Post by vintage-mike »

...in that having a 'ZX only' download is something I'd personally want, not wanting a Windows/Linux executable version of it, even though I do realise you've put a lot of effort into what is in effect an emulator (I think) for each game to allow them to run directly on a desktop/laptop etc...
I wanted to create / deliver a 'completed work' - in as much as the vintage aesthetic is also dependent on the quality (or not) of emulation, and while there are many fine emulators available, I had a very distinct vision of how I wanted that to be. (side note - the stand-alone versions do run in a 'ROM-less' custom zx spectrum emulator, which together with the games, I also wrote every line of, from the ground up, so, yes these trivial looking games are actually the result of a massive amount of coding effort. Most likely way too much - but it was enjoyable to do - now it just has to earn its keep - or justify its existence - time will tell...)
spider
Dynamite Dan

Post by spider »

:) I'm well aware of the time needed to build games, so I do appreciate the efforts. Sometimes it can be the smaller things that take ages, such as finding elusive bugs or repeated playtesting to ensure it is "right"
vintage-mike
Dizzy

Post by vintage-mike »

...or repeated playtesting...
That's one of the rewards of developing games :) (though there is always the danger of losing hours / days or accidentally 'getting high on your own supply' :) )