Best geology...

Share graphical tips, notes and queries related to our favourite screen layout and its editors.
User avatar
druellan
Microbot
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:19 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Best geology...

Post by druellan » Fri May 18, 2018 12:51 pm

Narco Police managed to create a nice not-so-blocky rock tunnel:

Image
0 x
Un buen día me puse a probar juegos de ZX Spectrum a ciegas en Youtube, terminó siendo:
📺 Retroarqueología en Youtube

Joefish
Manic Miner
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Best geology...

Post by Joefish » Fri May 18, 2018 2:44 pm

R-Tape wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:12 pm
Maybe not but the Kremlin looks great.
You are dead to me.
0 x

Joefish
Manic Miner
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Best geology...

Post by Joefish » Fri May 18, 2018 2:50 pm

druellan wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:51 pm
Narco Police managed to create a nice not-so-blocky rock tunnel:
Image
That's quite a neat 3D effect - it's the same graphic just being drawn a little further across and down each time, but because of the sloped edge and the overlap spreading out it looks a little bigger each time. Shame it has to be pixel-masked though as that's clearly slowing things down.
0 x

User avatar
druellan
Microbot
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:19 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Best geology...

Post by druellan » Fri May 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Joefish wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:50 pm
druellan wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:51 pm
Narco Police managed to create a nice not-so-blocky rock tunnel:
Image
That's quite a neat 3D effect - it's the same graphic just being drawn a little further across and down each time, but because of the sloped edge and the overlap spreading out it looks a little bigger each time. Shame it has to be pixel-masked though as that's clearly slowing things down.
Well, yes. Is not quite a problem when you are just walking the tunnels (love the effect when you move side by side), but the action sequences are at the verge of being unplayables. Just as a fun fact, while the game was published in Spain, the original development team was from Uruguay.
0 x
Un buen día me puse a probar juegos de ZX Spectrum a ciegas en Youtube, terminó siendo:
📺 Retroarqueología en Youtube

Ralf
Manic Miner
Posts: 839
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:59 am
Location: Poland

Re: Best geology...

Post by Ralf » Fri May 18, 2018 8:29 pm

I have seen Narco Police before but never got into it. Couldn't understand it what I am supposed to do, beside walking in some tunnels of course.

But I know some people do like this game.

So you guys have a challenge. It has never been recorded as rzx walkthrough. If anybody feels compentent do a recording and send it to Rzx Archive :)
0 x

User avatar
druellan
Microbot
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:19 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: Best geology...

Post by druellan » Sat May 19, 2018 12:42 pm

Oh, didn't noticed there is no RZX of this game. But as far as to try to finish it, not sure if I can manage to do that without a trainer.
0 x
Un buen día me puse a probar juegos de ZX Spectrum a ciegas en Youtube, terminó siendo:
📺 Retroarqueología en Youtube

User avatar
Juan F. Ramirez
Dynamite Dan
Posts: 1050
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 am
Location: Málaga, Spain

Re: Best geology...

Post by Juan F. Ramirez » Sun May 20, 2018 8:12 pm

I've also loved the background shown in Yie Ar Kung-Fu:

Image
0 x

User avatar
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner
Posts: 283
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: USA

Re: Best geology...

Post by Seven.FFF » Sun May 20, 2018 10:19 pm

Does Virus count? ;)

Image
0 x
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
seven-fff.com/blog

User avatar
R-Tape
Site Admin
Posts: 1607
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Re: Best geology...

Post by R-Tape » Mon May 21, 2018 7:10 am

Juan F. Ramirez wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:12 pm
I've also loved the background shown in Yie Ar Kung-Fu:
Looks like a bloody shambles!
Seven.FFF wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 10:19 pm
Does Virus count? ;)
It looks more suited to a Spectrum utility for finding oil reservoirs.
2 x

User avatar
Juan F. Ramirez
Dynamite Dan
Posts: 1050
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:55 am
Location: Málaga, Spain

Re: Best geology...

Post by Juan F. Ramirez » Mon May 21, 2018 9:38 am

R-Tape wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 7:10 am
Juan F. Ramirez wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 8:12 pm
I've also loved the background shown in Yie Ar Kung-Fu:
Looks like a bloody shambles!
It's modern art, you uncultured!
1 x

Post Reply