Primosoft Publisher or the Developer?

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

Arcachnar
Microbot

Primosoft Publisher or the Developer?

Post by Arcachnar »

I am not sure if this is even the right thread, but I need some major help.

Does anyone know what the function of BV Uitgeverij NIB Zeist is?

As you can see here:

1) the screenshots of https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/1 ... ld_Rekenen

2) and taking a look at this; https://ia800604.us.archive.org/view_ar ... ekenen.pdf

Is it possible that they are the Publisher and that Primosoft is the developer?

Could someone please help me with this?

PS: OR is it NIB OR BV Uitgeverij NIB, Zeist OR Uitgeverij NIB or N.I.B.? It seems to be that that there are lot variants if you look it up on the internet.

PS: IF you look at the cover of the game Klokkijken Analoog + Klokkijken Digitaal you will see the date 1985.
Arcachnar
Microbot

Re: Primosoft Publisher or the Developer?

Post by Arcachnar »

I know it is a double post (sorry) but, I have found two very interesting things about who actually the publisher is and who the developer is;

Yes. It is in Dutch (sorry)

Translated: …adapted from English are even so good that the publishing house NIB, based in Zeist, has now brought the programs onto the market.....

and

Edit: Oh and this one says: Uitgeverij NIB

So, NIB or Uitgeverij NIB? What would you reckon?

Edit: Oh man. Just found this even more interesting:

The complete name would be: Uitgeverij NIB BV

Anyone?
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Thanks, this is interesting. So, also, the "adapted from English" bit means this software might have an original English version?
Arcachnar
Microbot

Post by Arcachnar »

The only that I known of is the program Kasteel TOVERWOORD and seems to be an adaption of Castle-Spellerous. The rest? I am not sure.
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Thanks and yeah, this worth a fix for sure, and also, a small investigation to see if we can find the source material, seems like they translated educative software published by Sinclair.
Arcachnar
Microbot

Post by Arcachnar »

Not sure yet if all of them were translated from the Sinclair games, but there is possibility that Taalles was based on Homophones and/or Sentence Completion Test (compilation Junior Education) by Calpac Computer Software (UK):

Taalles:

Homophones:

Sentence Completion Test:

However, to say that we should merge the game Homophones and/or Sentence Completion Test with Taalles, I am very hesitated to do this. If you know what I mean.

PS: Will also look further for more investigating to see if I can find more source material from others and/or perhaps the games that they have create themselves as well. If you know what I mean.