Bodies like Nemesis the Warlock

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
Manu128k
Dizzy

Bodies like Nemesis the Warlock

Post by Manu128k »

I've just seen a video showing Nemesis the Warlock where the enemies corpses don't disappear and you can stack them up. That option is quite cool. I had played the game before but now it made me think that there is not that many games with that feature.

My question: do you know more Spectrum games where enemy corpses are persistent? extra points if you can use those for something
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Re: Bodies like Nemesis the Warlock

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

Robin of the Wood is the first game that came to my mind.
AndyC
Dynamite Dan

Post by AndyC »

I have a feeling Navy Seals did. At least for the first part of the game.
Mpk
Dynamite Dan

Post by Mpk »

From the title, I 100% thought this thread was going to be about a weird workout / diet regime.
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

Manu128k wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:01 am I've just seen a video showing Nemesis the Warlock where the enemies corpses don't disappear and you can stack them up. That option is quite cool. I had played the game before but now it made me think that there is not that many games with that feature.

My question: do you know more Spectrum games where enemy corpses are persistent? extra points if you can use those for something
Death Wish 3! (Well, for a bit.)
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
luny
Manic Miner

Post by luny »

Not sure if this counts, but in Atic Atac your own corpse (Grave) hung around during the game.
I code to live (Job) and I live to code (Retro). One of them has to give!
druellan
Dynamite Dan

Post by druellan »

Interesting topic! I was also noticed this as a kid playing games, specially on Robin of the Woods.
Saboteur is another title, but the enemies are not random, so I suppose it is easier to program.
zup
Manic Miner

Post by zup »

Note that in Nemesis the Warlock, the corpses are not a "cool thing"... they serve a purpose.

On some levels you must climb to a mountain of corpses to reach the exit.
bluespikey
Manic Miner

Post by bluespikey »

In the Spectrums best game, Halls Of The Things, the dead things are persistent till the end of the game. They get in the way a little bit.

In Chaos the dead bodies can be raised from the dead. And in Rebelstar some of the robots don't serve much purpose than blocking corridors with their remains.

And in Skool Daze of course, unconscious bodies are needed to be jumped upon. Though they aren't dead bodies. This is a British school, not an American one.