Island Adventure released

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
luny
Manic Miner

Island Adventure released

Post by luny »

Island for the 48k Spectrum is now available as a release. Go to https://www60.securedweb.co.uk/luny/index.php?page=91 to download the zip file.

As a kid I use to sit at the back of the class scribbling out adventure maps and ideas. I use find great challenge in writing adventure engines in BASIC to handle these maps and as the focus was on the programming the adventures were little simple or unoriginal. One of these maps was Island which I wrote on the Spectrum.

This year I decided to place an entry in the C.S.S.C.G.C and chose Island to see how crap it was. To my surprise I'd not only completed the project, but it was fairly playable and people were playing it (about 2 or 3 that is). I decided to rewrite it in Z80 to improve the speed, improve the scenario by adding a bit more puzzles (the original was all give this and give that) and bring some of the text up to date. So hopefully I now have an adventure that is a bit less crap and a bit more playable.
So now I'm hoping to get the number of players up to 4, or maybe even 5 people. :lol:

I would class this as a fairly simple adventure probably good as a level entry game. From which I now have a reasonable engine which I can build on and maybe create some better and harder games in the future.
I code to live (Job) and I live to code (Retro). One of them has to give!
8BitAG
Dynamite Dan

Re: Island Adventure released

Post by 8BitAG »

Always cool to see a new hand-coded text adventure. :)
8-bit Text Adventure Gamer - games - research.