ZX FTP client- works in progress

Show us what you're working on, (preferably with screenshots).
Hood
Drutt

ZX FTP client- works in progress

Post by Hood »

Dears,

I am working on ftp client for ZX Spectrum. Release could be till the end of October 2022. For the moment, the release will be for BS-DOS only (see http://www.128land.com + the release will not be able to work with directories and files on server yet. Otherwise it will be able to work with any standart FTP server on the internet.

So once released in October, next steps will be work with directories and files+ port for Esxdos. Keep fingers crossed.

Yours

Hood
Hood
Drutt

Re: ZX FTP client- works in progress

Post by Hood »

I made this video. Not very proffesional but shows some data running up and down a little bit.[url]

Hood
Hood
Drutt

Post by Hood »

Dears,

official release of ZX FTP client (ver. 0.7) without dir structure support) is here: https://hood.speccy.cz/dwnld/zxftpclient07_info.htm. MB03+ users, pick it , while it's still hot:))))

Hood
Hood
Drutt

Post by Hood »

Mad Fritz
Dizzy

Post by Mad Fritz »

Very nice...
Just need to get my MB02+ connected to the net ;)
Hood
Drutt

Post by Hood »

Ok, but then probably you need MB-02+ fitted with a Wifi module, which, I do not think, would be that easy.

You better get MB03+ instead:)
Mad Fritz
Dizzy

Post by Mad Fritz »

Hood wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:23 pm You better get MB03+ instead:)
My eLeMeNt ZX arrived last week - no money left anymore...
Mad Fritz
Dizzy

Post by Mad Fritz »

Any Chance to Wifi the elementzx and using BS-DOS?
Hood
Drutt

Post by Hood »

I think,at the moment adding WiFi module to eLeMeNt ZX is not planned. But this would rather be a question to its author.

BSDOS could run on Element,but we would need new SD card driver (similar case as with Esxdos running on DivMmc). This would require writing new driver instead of IDE driver,that we have now for BSDOS. I was thinking about it,but not now. My priority is the FTP client for the following months.

Regards

Hood
Hood
Drutt

Post by Hood »

Dears, some previews of the incoming release of SARAH 1.0.:

Hope to be able to release SARAH 1.0 soon.

Hood
Hood
Drutt

Post by Hood »

Dears,

and here is the release of SARAH 1.0, for BSDOS and ESXDOS. It is for MB03+ only.

Version for eLeMeNt ZX will be added later. Website for SARAH 1.0 will be created later too.

https://hood.speccy.cz/dwnld/SARAH1.0.zip

Hope you will like it.

Hood
Hood
Drutt

Post by Hood »

Dear SARAH users, though being on holiday, thanks to Wixet there is a special FTP server made for SARAH, the ZX Spectrum FTP client. Host name is "sarah.speccy.cz", name: "sarah", pass: "zxftpc".

The server is packed with ZX stuff, run SARAH and explore it by yourself and download files at your will. I would like to have ZX games sorted by the end of the year, at least.

Big thanks to Wixet for keeping ZX alive! I also would love express big thanks to Velesoft, who prepared all the files. He had a great idea. I only started to sort the files into directories.

(Now, let me leave to the beach to enjoy some sunbathing and Adriatic sea:)))))

Hood
Hood
Drutt

Post by Hood »

Dear ZX friends,

the time has come, and the SARAH project, i.e. its first part has come to an end. SARAH actually refers to two things. 1) it is an FTP client running on ZX Spectrum, 2) it is a sorted FTP server/archive of games and educational programs, of which you can find approx. 8,700 pcs. Plus lots of other software. More details on the https://sarah.speccy.cz website.

The SARAH 1.0 client only runs on ZX machines like the MB03+ which has the ESP-01 Wifi module. (I am also preparing a version of SARAH 1.0. client for eLeMeNt ZX, where there is a slightly different Wifi module). It is designed for BS-DOS and esxDOS disk systems. You can get the SARAH 1.0 client directly from the website. Upon SARAH 1.0. start, it will automatically log in to the SARAH server, so you don't have to do anything else.

Who has Wifi and MB03+ or eLeMeNt ZX (soon), use SARAH in good health:))

Hood