About submitting a type-in program from any book to ZXDB

This is the place for general discussion and updates about the ZXDB Database. This forum is not specific to Spectrum Computing.

Moderator: druellan

Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

About submitting a type-in program from any book to ZXDB

Post by Neil Parsons »

Hi, unless this question could have been answered somewhere in this forum in the past, I'd like to know how to refer to an existing book in the archive when creating a new entry for a program which was published in it using preservation tools through 'Add a new (MIA) entry/title'.

Something like a 'book reference' as I've seen in this entry. I haven't seen this option between all boxes, included those at advanced features.

For example, as I have the Spanish book compilation 'Enciclopedia Práctica de Informática' by Nueva Lente / Ingelek at its full, I've seen at least one BASIC program for ZX Spectrum not added to SC archive yet ('Atrapada' from Volume 3, page 538), already submitted to ZXDB, and I want to know how to add that info later.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Re: About submitting a type-in program from any book to ZXDB

Post by Einar Saukas »

The online submission form doesn't support book references yet. I will check if @pavero can implement it later.

In the meantime, when you submit a book type-in, please don't specify publication date and publisher, but add a comment like "originally published in book [ENTRY_ID] page [NN]". I will turn your comment into a proper book reference.
sho
Dizzy

Post by sho »

Here is one I have no idea how to submit:

https://solutionarchive.com/game/id%2C7 ... nture.html

from here

Should it simply be be called "Demonstration Program Listing"?

(relates to this)
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

I suggest calling it "The Computer & Video Games Book of Adventure - Demo".

This will make it clear what it is, where it came from, and that it doesn't have its own name.