Landscape artwork and other stuff

Share graphical tips, notes and queries related to our favourite screen layout and its editors.
helpcomputer0
Microbot

Re: Landscape artwork and other stuff

Post by helpcomputer0 »

Not a landscape today.

Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

helpcomputer0 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:58 pm Image
Surely one of the most (if not the most) beautiful Spectrum images ever made. Not merely technically good, this bears the hallmarks of true artistry: composition, colour, light and shade, meticulous attention to detail. The overall effect is a very immediate and evocative sense of photo realism which captivates the eyes and doesn't let go!

I'd say Adam's talent could rival even the most acclaimed "real" painters whose works sell for millions. Though the secret ingredient here is the ZX, enforcing bold, crisp edges and a colour palette that's vibrant, beautiful and complementary.
helpcomputer0
Microbot

Post by helpcomputer0 »

Lee Bee wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:19 am Surely one of the most (if not the most) beautiful Spectrum images ever made. Not merely technically good, this bears the hallmarks of true artistry: composition, colour, light and shade, meticulous attention to detail. The overall effect is a very immediate and evocative sense of photo realism which captivates the eyes and doesn't let go!

I'd say Adam's talent could rival even the most acclaimed "real" painters whose works sell for millions. Though the secret ingredient here is the ZX, enforcing bold, crisp edges and a colour palette that's vibrant, beautiful and complementary.
Thanks for the kind words Lee, the cheque is in the post (do people still use cheques?)

I think the Speccy palette does most of the job, always makes landscapes look even more vibrant and interesting.
helpcomputer0
Microbot

Post by helpcomputer0 »

Very much not a landscape.

stupidget
Dynamite Dan

Post by stupidget »

Stunning work, as always.
helpcomputer0
Microbot

Post by helpcomputer0 »

A new loading screen for a game I used to play as a young 'un.

helpcomputer0
Microbot

Post by helpcomputer0 »

A mockup for a shoot-em-up I'm calling "Lonestar". I may do a loading screen for it at some point.