ZX (Spain) magazine type-ins, not available at SC yet

Whether it's Mire Mare or a BASIC tape you found in the attic, it needs to be preserved digitally. Post here and experts can help to do so.

Moderator: pavero

Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

ZX (Spain) magazine type-ins, not available at SC yet

Post by Neil Parsons »

As I've checked the availability of preserved ZX Spectrum type-ins in the archive from Spanish magazine 'ZX' (only five programs available...), I will be submitting a huge amount of them during next days, weeks or months... I will do my best no matter the time it takes.

It would be of a great help if somebody else could do the same, using the information I could gather from the magazine into my archive blog Project BASIC ZX. See here. NOTE: When consulting this site, notice that for every ZX magazine issue at the beginning of each page, I added links to download all BASIC type-ins for ZX Spectrum and ZX-81 from the corresponding magazine number entry - all preserved for use with emulators. I'm not sure if I've explained it myself clearly...

For example, ZX issue 2: At the top, you should see two links for download them, the first one containing all ZX Spectrum BASIC listings from this issue, and the second one you download a ZIP archive with all its ZX-81 type-ins, and following them, all information of every one of them indicating authory, system, magazine's issue page and comments in some cases. So the same info system with rest of issues, from the first to the very last (#41).

Note: In the first six issues, they published several BASIC programs taken from different publications (some magazines and books) and translated into Spanish. If they are filed at ZXDB as original type-ins, there's no need to add the ones from 'ZX'.

In this magazine there are also type-ins for the ZX-81 computer. Should I add them too?
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Re: ZX (Spain) magazine type-ins, not available at SC yet

Post by Neil Parsons »

If not interested in them, I won't do anything for the moment. I still have more things to do like checking BASIC type-ins from Popular Computing Weekly magazine, actually. There are still a lot of programs not available here, neither at Jim Grimwood's TTFn site.
+3code
Manic Miner

Post by +3code »

Neil Parsons wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:25 am As I've checked the availability of preserved ZX Spectrum type-ins in the archive from Spanish magazine 'ZX' (only five programs available...), I will be submitting a huge amount of them during next days, weeks or months... I will do my best no matter the time it takes.
The ZX magazine was probably the second best Spanish Spectrum magazine after MH. Sadly I can't help at moment (no time, sorry).

Edit: to me, the third was Todospectrum.
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

After a long time, I'll be submitting/uploading most of BASIC type-ins published in Todospectrum magazine, first, during the present (and hot :oops: ) summer. I'll do the same with "ZX" magazine listings lately, as I told a time ago, secondly. Hope to fulfill for SC archive the more I can about these two Spanish magazines in the following months.
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

Already finished uploading most of type-ins from Todospectrum magazine using my own archive and all info I published in my personal blog Proyecto BASIC ZX. Nextly, maybe in August or September, it will be the time to do the same with "ZX" magazine BASIC listings.

Now I need some good holidays... and some cash... :roll: :lol:
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

After a long time, I will be uploading to ZXDB most of type-ins published in "ZX" magazine (not everything, just better ones of every issue, except existing ones in the archive) in the following days.

However, I will have a break for about fifteen days, counting from beginning of March, in which I'll be out spending my time in Edinburgh, Scotland. Once I return home, I'll continue submitting rest of BASIC programs from this Spanish publication.
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

I'm almost finishing and completing my uploads of BASIC type-ins that are left from this Spanish magazine. Only issues from 38 and 40 have still something interesting, while last issue 41 is full of cheat loaders for several classic videogames, most of them specified for Spanish releases. I don't believe they are of any interest...

Hope to see next SC update with my previous entries...
Neil Parsons
Manic Miner

Post by Neil Parsons »

Task finished! I'll take myself some rest of several days.

Next thing, check other magazines with ZX BASIC listings in short from Germany and Italy: Computer Kontakt, Computronic, CPU, Electronic Games (Italy), Happy Computer, HC Mein Heim-Computer, Home Computer (Italy), LIST and finally Paper Soft.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Excellent!
cmal
Manic Miner

Post by cmal »

Thanks for all that Typing, @Neil Parsons . Much appreciated!