Suggestion: sort associated author titles by release date (descending?)

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
Stefan
Manic Miner

Suggestion: sort associated author titles by release date (descending?)

Post by Stefan »

Every now and then I run into a game and look at who created it it, click on the author and then all the authors associated titles are presented on title alphabetically.

I think it would make more sense to first sort the titles by release year, this shows the author's work like a resume / CV and you can see the progression in quality.

Since I like chronological things sorted from newest to oldest, a descending sort on release year would be even better.

The example was Desolator which was created by Ross Harris.
sho
Dizzy

Re: Suggestion: sort associated author titles by release date (descending?)

Post by sho »

Why not enable sorting by either name or release date (ascending and descending) like so many other sites? Such as Moby Games.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Nice idea @Stefan, but currently all search results come off the same piece of code with displays the results in alphabetical order. Maybe in the future when one of the developers wants to take this on.

If someone wants to code a code a suitable sortable grid @sho then I'm happy to deploy it. Just get in touch if you are interested.
Stefan
Manic Miner

Post by Stefan »

PeterJ wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:19 pm Nice idea @Stefan, but currently all search results come off the same piece of code with displays the results in alphabetical order. Maybe in the future when one of the developers wants to take this on.

If someone wants to code a code a suitable sortable grid @sho then I'm happy to deploy it. Just get in touch if you are interested.
Are the bones of spectrumcomputing using a public Github repo?
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Stefan wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:53 pm Are the bones of spectrumcomputing using a public Github repo?
It's something we have discussed a number of times, but not yet. We can provide you access to the codebase though. It's mainly PHP.