WOS FTP

Broken link? Feature request? Anything related to the Spectrum Computing website here.
Sectoid
Drutt

WOS FTP

Post by Sectoid »

Is there anywhere that has the World of Spectrum FTP site? Is there anywhere else for the technical documents now?
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Re: WOS FTP

Post by TMD2003 »

Try worldofspectrum.net first and see if what you're looking for has been mirrored there.

And if not... just go on the WOS forums and send a message to Lee Fogarty. A lot of people here have a lot to say about him, all of it for historical reasons, but when I needed his help last year, he was only too pleased to help (though it probably helped my case that I'd already been a member of WOS since 2003 and needed to go out of my way to keep it friendly). That I needed to edit a load of uneditable posts because some bedwetting gimp had kicked up a fuss on another forum (not this one, and not WOS, either), and Lee still let me do what I needed to do, is to his credit - though, I repeat, I'd like to think I'd been around for long enough to be trusted.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Ralf
Rick Dangerous

Post by Ralf »

Maybe just try using archive.org
Sectoid
Drutt

Post by Sectoid »

I wasn't aware of that site. The circuit diagrams are there that I was looking for. The +2B has some differences to the +2A.
Guesser
Manic Miner

Post by Guesser »

Sectoid wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:20 pm I wasn't aware of that site. The circuit diagrams are there that I was looking for. The +2B has some differences to the +2A.
The schematics in the service manuals are full of errors anyway, check the links in my signature
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

For the record, all files from old WOS ftp are indexed in ZXDB, including the Archive.org mirror. Moreover both worldofspectrum.net and worldofspectrum.org are running ZXDB.

Therefore anything you can find there will be available in all ZXDB sites too :)

Are these the schematics you were looking for?

https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/1 ... rum_128_2A
Guesser
Manic Miner

Post by Guesser »

You've got hugely out of date copies of my redrawn schematics on there btw.
Einar Saukas
Bugaboo

Post by Einar Saukas »

Could you please submit new schematics using the Preservation Tools?