Uploading Recording from emulator

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
Czarnikjak
Dizzy

Uploading Recording from emulator

Post by Czarnikjak »

I am trying to find a way to upload a short recording from an emulator to this forum.
I think the PostImage here supports Gifs, but the Gif generated by InkSpector emulator doesn't seem to be accepted.

Any ideas?
spider
Dynamite Dan

Re: Uploading Recording from emulator

Post by spider »

Are you actually wanting to upload a file like an .rzx or a video ?

For the latter maybe YouTube or another video sharing site (can maybe find one without registration) , it may or not parse (appear as a video rather than a link) dpeending on what the site is though.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

For short recordings I use ZX Spin, which allows you to record in GIF format.

Then upload the GIF to an image sharing site (I use imgur) and copy/paste the image link.

My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
dfzx
Manic Miner

Post by dfzx »

On Linux with Fuse you use File->Recording->Record... to create an "FMF" file (which is Fuse's recording format, which includes sound). You then convert from FMF to GIF using fmfconv from the fuse-utils package and convert from ImageMagick. It's described in the man page.

Edit: oops, sorry, I misread that as you asking how to create the GIF file in the first place. :?
Last edited by dfzx on Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Fountain, author of the ZX Spectrum C Programmer's Getting Started Guide and various open source games, hardware and other projects, including an IF1 and ZX Microdrive emulator.
Czarnikjak
Dizzy

Post by Czarnikjak »

@Morkin

Oh I was trying to upload gif directly here by using that blue P button below editing window, without uploading it to other external site
Morkin
Bugaboo

Post by Morkin »

Czarnikjak wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:10 pm Oh I was trying to upload gif directly here by using that blue P button below editing window
Ah OK yes, I don't think you can do it that way, best to just use an embedded link.
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Well, I never noticed that little button before.

This is what you get after uploading an image via the blue button (I have only tried it with JPG):

Code: Select all

[url=https://postimg.cc/N5kzLz5Z][img]https://i.postimg.cc/N5kzLz5Z/photo-1576344333162-f83e5e18902e.jpg[/img][/url]
You just need to remove from the left of the img tag and right of the /img tag, so you get this:

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/N5kzLz5Z/photo-1576344333162-f83e5e18902e.jpg[/img]
Which gives you...

Czarnikjak
Dizzy

Post by Czarnikjak »

PeterJ wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:07 pm This is what you get after uploading an image via the blue button
Yeah, the problem i was facing is that postimg doesn't seem to accept gifs....need to use different image hosting service.

Post edited by PJ - Quote reduced to help those on mobile devices
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

Hi @Czarnikjak,

I just tried the Gif that @Morkin uploaded and it seems fine (although a little small). Try creating your Gif with one of the suggestions above.

I personally use imgbb.

Best wishes