Retro Virtual Machine 2.1

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
MtM
Dizzy

Re: Retro Virtual Machine 2.1

Post by MtM »

I tried a 128 k Spectrum on my M1X Mac Pro and it worked really well, not tried anything else.
EdToo
Manic Miner

Post by EdToo »

I used the previous version extensively as I liked the sound of changing tapes and the noise of tapes rewinding etc. It felt so authenic. I found the previous verion very stable, this one I have experienced a few crashes of the virtual machines. Is there a way to cause it to generate log files to find out why? Beyond the odd crash this is a great improvement on an already excellent emulator.
PeterJ
Site Admin

Post by PeterJ »

A few recent updates:

RetroVM v2.1.4 (18/01/2023)
Possible fix for a bug that caused RVM not to open on Mac if RVM v2.0 had been used before.
Machine sounds (cassette, disk, etc) respond to the main volume of the emulator now.
Implemented the differences in the 0x3f port of the Japanese Master System.
Implemented sprite zoom bug in Master System I VDP

RetroVM v2.1.3 (05/01/2023)
Fixed XMEM when adding it to any Amstrad Plus.
Fixed a race condition that could occur when flashing a Dandanator CPC.
Fixed the Multiplay on Windows and Linux.
Added a submessage to the notification when a gamepad is connected with the device name (to facilitate debugging)

RetroVM v2.1.2 (03/01/2023)
Added a new machine ‘GX-4000 with 128k Mod’
The ‘P’ key functions as a pause again in the Sega Master System and the Sega SG-1000.
In the NTSC SMS2, the SMS2 image is now correctly displayed instead of the SMS1 image in the cartridge panel.
Fixed the port DFXX in the GX4000
Mapped the GX4000 pause button to the P key and the ESC key
Mapped alternatively the pause NMI button to the ESC key in the SMS and SG-1000
Enabled the ‘-ns’ no shader CLI switch
Copyright adapted to the new year!

RetroVM v2.1.1 (31/12/2022)
Fixed, the emulator will hang when inserting a disk in drive B of any Amstrad CPC
Added a message to warn that the emulator must be restarted when adding firmware to the firmware Vault
Added a message to the joystick emulation notification, with the keys that are used