Clebin's projects for 2023

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Re: Clebin's projects for 2023

Post by Jbizzel »

@clebin I'm tempted to do the lifts like you did.

2 attributes wide, in a 4 attribute hole. Not sure yet. That's an area I'm still thinking about.

The menu screen is inspired. Love it.
gabriele amore
Microbot

Post by gabriele amore »

I can't wait to play this new version of the game! I guess in the original game (bagman) they had guards, while here they have bandits as enemies.. right? ..in one of my many unfinished projects i had some 16x16 sprites with the guards (done as usual wih AGD)... but yours are much more fun!

clebin
Manic Miner

Post by clebin »

gabriele amore wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:18 pm I can't wait to play this new version of the game! I guess in the original game (bagman) they had guards, while here they have bandits as enemies.. right? ..in one of my many unfinished projects i had some 16x16 sprites with the guards (done as usual wih AGD)... but yours are much more fun!

Thanks for the support Gabriele! I think your sprites look great and certainly closer to the arcade game. I'd recognise that guard anywhere!

The game is mostly done and waiting music and SFX at the moment. I'd made good progress with the title music in Arkos Tracker. Unfortunately, despite hitting save regularly, when I came back to load the file all my changes were gone. Argh! I need to get the motivation to re-do it.

If you're interested I can send you a pre-release to try out? I'd like to make sure I pitch the difficulty level right so I don't fall into the same trap as Ocean's version.
gabriele amore
Microbot

Post by gabriele amore »

clebin wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:10 am If you're interested I can send you a pre-release to try out? I'd like to make sure I pitch the difficulty level right so I don't fall into the same trap as Ocean's version.
Would love to!
clebin
Manic Miner

Post by clebin »

It's been over a year since I posted here, and it's obvious that things didn't quite go according to plan. Unfortunately 2023 turned into a pretty awful year. Without going into detail, it's something most of us will sadly go through with our parents sooner or later.

Fast-forward to 2024, I've been revisiting my code and trying to decipher how it worked, like those memes of a dog trying to use a laptop. I'm back up and running with Gilligan's Mine now and hoping to get it finished in the next month or so. The main tasks left were:

1. General gameplay and animation tweaks. Done
2. Integrate the Arkos music player with dummy music. Done
3. Finish the layouts for levels 2 & 3. In progress
4. Finish the title-screen music In progress-ish
5. Add SFX.

Here's a screenshot of Level 2. The graphics were all done for this a year ago. You can tell I'd been playing a lot of Cavelon on the Atari 8-bit at the time.

R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Glad to hear you've returned to this @clebin. I've just rewatched the vids from further up in this thread and I'd forgotten just how good it looked and how close you are. High hopes for this one :)
gabriele amore
Microbot

Post by gabriele amore »

clebin wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:28 pm It's been over a year since I posted here, and it's obvious that things didn't quite go according to plan. Unfortunately 2023 turned into a pretty awful year. Without going into detail, it's something most of us will sadly go through with our parents sooner or later.

Fast-forward to 2024, I've been revisiting my code and trying to decipher how it worked, like those memes of a dog trying to use a laptop. I'm back up and running with Gilligan's Mine now and hoping to get it finished in the next month or so. The main tasks left were:

1. General gameplay and animation tweaks. Done
2. Integrate the Arkos music player with dummy music. Done
3. Finish the layouts for levels 2 & 3. In progress
4. Finish the title-screen music In progress-ish
5. Add SFX.

Here's a screenshot of Level 2. The graphics were all done for this a year ago. You can tell I'd been playing a lot of Cavelon on the Atari 8-bit at the time.

Cant wait to see the finished game!! Looks really good!!
DVDfever
Microbot

Post by DVDfever »

The game looks awesome and can't wait to see the finished result.

Sorry to hear about what happened last year. If it's what I'm thinking, since my parents are no longer around, I know it sucks the most suckiest thing ever X :(