Spectrum emulator that can run slower than 100%

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
equinox
Dynamite Dan

Spectrum emulator that can run slower than 100%

Post by equinox »

I am trying to solve a game that is just too fast to beat (even with rollback), as it requires a large number of extremely fast perfect selections from a complex menu. I could do it if I could slow it down to about 30% speed, but Spectaculator won't go below 100%.

What emulator will go below 100% speed? Preferably on Windows.
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Re: Spectrum emulator that can run slower than 100%

Post by flatduckrecords »

I’m not familiar with the Windows build, but Fuse can do that. I used it the other day to grab a specific screenshot of something that was animated.
Jbizzel
Dynamite Dan

Post by Jbizzel »

fuse on windows can run at 1% if you want it to @equinox
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

EmuZWin on windows XP can run from 5% to 800% with time roll back left ALT+left arrow key will skip back 2 seconds (more if you keep it pressed).
Save your game as a .z80 file in your current emulator and reload it into EmuZwin as it sometimes doesn't play nice with .tap or TZX files. Remember to switch off the Spectrum audio as FX and music really grates the ears at a slower speed.
Zoran
Drutt

Post by Zoran »

In Swan emulator you can reduce speed to 1/2, 1/4 or 1/8 of normal speed.
equinox
Dynamite Dan

Post by equinox »

I've just realised that incomplete (unfinalised) RZX recordings probably aren't compatible between emulators, so I would have to do the first 30+ levels again too. UGH!
Zoran
Drutt

Post by Zoran »

You might try autosaving snapshots in Swan.
You can go back with F5 (or any other key if you change it), or open history browser and go back in time: https://github.com/zoran-vucenovic/swan ... -snapshots
andydansby
Microbot

Post by andydansby »

Another Emulator that you can throttle the speeds on is InkSpector. You can scale the emulation from 1% to 1000%. You first need to select the Throttle Emulation Flag under the Machine Tab. I use it all the time for debugging.
Bedazzle
Manic Miner

Post by Bedazzle »

andydansby wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:07 am Another Emulator that you can throttle the speeds on is InkSpector. You can scale the emulation from 1% to 1000%. You first need to select the Throttle Emulation Flag under the Machine Tab. I use it all the time for debugging.
Wow, really nice debugger! Thanks for pointing it out!
firelord
Manic Miner

Post by firelord »

What I use is DOS x128 . You can set emulation speed as you like...
marenja
Microbot

Post by marenja »

andydansby wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:07 am Another Emulator that you can throttle the speeds on is InkSpector. You can scale the emulation from 1% to 1000%. You first need to select the Throttle Emulation Flag under the Machine Tab. I use it all the time for debugging.
Does Throttle Emulation Flag force emulation to run as fast as possible ? It behaves this strange way for my Windows 10 i5 core notebook. I expect the opposite behavior -- run at normal ZX Spectrum speed with option disabled and throttle to e.g. 90% when option is flagged so that gameplay will be easier for difficult moments.