ChatGPT

The place for codemasters or beginners to talk about programming any language for the Spectrum.
firelord
Manic Miner

Re: ChatGPT

Post by firelord »

I'm writing about my recent experience with ChatGPT...
A few months ago at some point I remember that it showed me a message/warning that it doesn't generate code...

This week I did some experiments. I wanted to remember how to write a very simple login script and I asked chatGPT. It showed me a nice solution with MySQL . I asked without MySQL it showed me an SQLite variation. In the end I asked for a complete flat file database solution and it showed me a solution with csv storage. I copy/paste and it worked... It even told me the filenames I should use!
I was impressed.

Next my wife asked me how she could write word files from a public machine and save them without using a USB stick or using important credentials (eg google drive).

I asked GPT for a simple PHP script which can create/edit word like documents and save them online. It proposed OnlyOffice or Etherpad. I asked for something simpler and it made me a full app with Quill save and login capabilities.

This is a real time saver !

The negative side is that all banks/phone companies will use chatGPT for customer support!

I forgot to say that I made the questions in native Greek !