The best Speccy game by RetroSouls: discussion

General software. From trouble with the Banyan Tree to OCP Art Studio, post any general software chat here. Could include game challenges...
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

The best Speccy game by RetroSouls: discussion

Post by PeteProdge »

Now for our second homebrew producer, we go all the way over to Russia and it's RetroSouls, who don't just carry a torch for the Speccy, they also produce games for the Sega Mega Drive; MSX; NES; Commodore 64 and some obscure platform called a 'PC', whatever that is.

A pure search on this site for games where RetroSouls is the publisher, brings up this list:

Alter Ego
Dreamwalker: Alter Ego 2
Gluf
Join
Lirus
Multidude
Old Tower
S.I.P.
Sector
Sector: Invasion
Twinlight
Tiny Dungeons
Tourmaline
Yazzie

Now, there could be omissions. On the official RetroSouls website, there's the very recent Ringo which truly knocked our socks off, an incredible technical feat (and a great game too!) This site attributes that (and a few other games) as 'ZX Online'. So is it a RetroSouls effort or what? See, that's the predicament I'm in.

I believe some of the gang are on this forum, so their judgement is the final word on the matter, but yeah, give me guidance on correcting that list if need be!
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: The best Speccy game by RetroSouls: discussion

Post by R-Tape »

There's also the recent Ringo. It's sold from ZXOnline, but is very much a Retrosouls game.

Even though Retrosouls haven't made a bad game, I think I know my favourite for next week's vote.
Turrican
Microbot

Post by Turrican »

Gravibots is a game from RetroSouls.
Great game.
hitm4n
Manic Miner

Post by hitm4n »

GraviBots too
I don't have anything cool to put here, so i'll just be off now to see a priest with yeast stuck between his teeth and his friend called Keith who's a hairpiece thief...
Turrican
Microbot

Post by Turrican »

PeteProdge wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:52 pm Now for our second homebrew producer, we go all the way over to Russia and it's RetroSouls, who don't just carry a torch for the Speccy, they also produce games for the Sega Mega Drive; MSX; NES; Commodore 64 and some obscure platform called a 'PC', whatever that is.

A pure search on this site for games where RetroSouls is the publisher, brings up this list:

Alter Ego
Dreamwalker: Alter Ego 2
Gluf
Join
Lirus
Multidude
Old Tower
S.I.P.
Sector
Sector: Invasion
Twinlight
Tiny Dungeons
Tourmaline
Yazzie

Now, there could be omissions. On the official RetroSouls website, there's the very recent Ringo which truly knocked our socks off, an incredible technical feat (and a great game too!) This site attributes that (and a few other games) as 'ZX Online'. So is it a RetroSouls effort or what? See, that's the predicament I'm in.

I believe some of the gang are on this forum, so their judgement is the final word on the matter, but yeah, give me guidance on correcting that list if need be!
Maybe PC is... IBM PC?
There is a game called Arkos for PC on Steam.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

R-Tape wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:35 pm There's also the recent Ringo. It's sold from ZXOnline, but is very much a Retrosouls game.

Even though Retrosouls haven't made a bad game, I think I know my favourite for next week's vote.
Sorry @PeteProdge I can't read. Your first post said this :oops: . I'm pretty sure it should be a Retrosouls game, but aye, let's hear it from @DenisGrachev
Matt_B
Manic Miner

Post by Matt_B »

If there's one poll where you really should play all the games on it before voting, this is going to be it.

Oh, and ZX Online specifically lists the publisher of Ringo as RetroSouls, so there's that problem solved.
MatGubbins
Dynamite Dan

Post by MatGubbins »

Most of these games win joint 1st place on the podium. Even when I've already completed many of these games I will give them another play due to how great the games are. It is a tough tough choice to pick one.
DenisGrachev
Dizzy

Post by DenisGrachev »

Ringo is diffenetly RetroSouls game, i just publish it via zx online to support good effort from team behind! :)
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

I still have trouble getting past one of the early levels on Gravibots. Still, when I went looking to make The Ultimate Compilation Of Modern Games (1994-2017 as it almost was at the time), there's a reason why so many of these were mentioned, and the only reason Old Tower wasn't was because it hadn't been made yet!
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
PeteProdge
Bugaboo

Post by PeteProdge »

DenisGrachev wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:58 am Ringo is diffenetly RetroSouls game, i just publish it via zx online to support good effort from team behind! :)
Well, there it is, from the horse's mouth (er, that's an English slang term not to be meant literally!)

Ringo will be included. (It's probably the one I'll vote for!)

Are there any other games that you deem to be RetroSouls work, missing from my list?
Reheated Pixels - a combination of retrogaming, comedy and factual musing, is here!
New video: Nine ZX Spectrum magazine controversies - How Crash, Your Sinclair and Sinclair User managed to offend the world!
DenisGrachev
Dizzy

Post by DenisGrachev »

PeteProdge wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:29 pm Are there any other games that you deem to be RetroSouls work, missing from my list?
Yes, all speccy games in list 8-)