Pinball: The Man Who Saved the Game

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Pinball: The Man Who Saved the Game

Post by Juan F. Ramirez »

A film about a pinball story from the 70s, to be released next month:

"An unsettled writer with a fantastic mustache, Roger Sharpe (Mike Faist), finds solace and confidence in one thing he has mastered: pinball. When a police raid destroys the only machines he can find in 1970s New York City, he learns the game is illegal. Roger reluctantly joins forces with the Music and Amusement Association to overturn the ban while falling in love with Ellen (Crystal Reed), an artist and single mother. Roger’s path to save pinball ultimately rescues him. He and Ellen overcome their pasts and take a shot at love. Roger learns what it means to take a chance—and that commitment is the most rewarding gamble of all. Based on a true story, the movie opens in theaters March 17, 2023"
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Re: Pinball: The Man Who Saved the Game

Post by Lee Bee »

Thanks Juan! I love pinball and didn't know about this. Though personally I'm never keen on movies which merge fact and fiction, I like the two to be firmly separate.
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Seems a joke, but there's another upcoming film about retrogaming...

"An American and Russian computer geek form an unlikely friendship as they try to evade the KGB and smuggle the world's most famous video game out of the Soviet Union"

What's next? :mrgreen:
Lee Bee
Dynamite Dan

Post by Lee Bee »

↑ Evidently, both these movies used the same fake moustache! :lol:
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Post by TMD2003 »

I've got a BBC Four documentary about Tetris stashed away on a Blu-Ray. That'll tell you everything you need to know, all sides of the story - from Alexei Pajitnov, from Mirrorsoft, from the Americans who were in charge of getting the game on the Game Boy, from the Soviet politburo who had to learn the language of business very quickly, and how an innocent misunderstanding due to the very different cultures nearly landed one of them in the Gulag. About the only big name that doesn't feature prominently is Robert Maxwell, on account of him being dead - unless there was an archive interview I forgot about.

It'll be a better job than anything Apple TV has put their mitts on.

And actually, there's no need for me to dig into the Blu-Ray pile... YuoTube can into helpings.

Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
Juan F. Ramirez
Bugaboo

Just discover a documentary about pinball in Australia released some time ago...