Anyone have an issue 1 they want to sell?

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
cj7hawk
Manic Miner

Anyone have an issue 1 they want to sell?

Post by cj7hawk »

Hi All,

Well, I figure I'll ask here... Looking for an Issue 1 at a reasonable price. Any condition considered.

If anyone has one and is considering selling, please let me know -

Thanks
David
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Re: Anyone have an issue 1 they want to sell?

Post by 1024MAK »

If you’re willing to pay silly money, I have an issue one.
Spoiler
It is a Zeddy thou :P
Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
cj7hawk
Manic Miner

Post by cj7hawk »

Hi Mark,

It's silly money I'm trying to avoid, but then again, I pay silly money to bring stuff from the UK to AU all the time, so maybe I am already in the silly money region...

Thought I'd get one on Ebay last night, put in a silly money bid, but lo and behold, Ebay crapped out on me and didn't register the bid, then had me go through a series of no less than 3 popup windows one after another... Only to watch the Issue 1 pass beneath my bid at a fair margin. :( So luck was not with me, and I curse the evil gods who troll innocent internet users by messing with their packets and server states and the likes...

Umm, what's a zeddy? I am guessing from the way it was written that my assumption it was a ZX spectrum may not be correct?
1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

A Zeddy is a ZX81, I was just having a bit of fun :D As issue one boards are very common.

ZX Spectrum rubber key models with Issue 1 PCBs take a lot of effort to track down. You have to watch auction sites and be very, very patient. Then, when you think you have found one, you then have to ask the seller about it, including for extra photos, all without giving away the game. You don’t really want the seller to add extra photos to the listing either…

If the seller or another potential buyer catches on, the price will skyrocket.

When I was actively bidding on items like 1980s and 1990s computers some years ago, I used an auction sniper. Saves the frustration when eBay logs you out, you loose mobile signal, or you are busy with work/real life.

I do have one issue 1 ZX Spectrum, but only the PCB. I had no idea it was an issue 1, as it came in an early version of the dk’tronics keyboard (which was not in a good condition). The board does work, but it’s not for sale.

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
KWF
Drutt

Post by KWF »

If you were interested in building ZX Spectrum IssueOne replica, I would be able to help. Drop me a PM.
Claudius
----------
https://github.com/McKlaud76
agrn
Drutt

Post by agrn »

I think I have one.
I'm not interested in "silly money" - whatever that is.

What is it worth to you?
cj7hawk
Manic Miner

Post by cj7hawk »

@agrn ,

I'll PM you to get more details -

Thanks
David