Help converting midi to pt3

On the creation of AY or Beeper music, including the packages used to do so.
ejvg
Drutt

Help converting midi to pt3

Post by ejvg »

Hello friends

I'd need some help to convert midi songs to pt3 with autosiril, I don´t know why when I test the music in my MPAGD game, it sounds badly.
If some musicians wants to collaborate arranging the files I would be very grateful. The game is a demake, so I have the scores, midis and mp3 so the work would be little.

Thanks in any case
oisee
Drutt

Re: Help converting midi to pt3

Post by oisee »

Hi,

As an author of this tool, I am just guessing here, but it might be because by default autosiril uses 5th (0…4) freq. table (pythagorean tuning optimized for pure envelope+tone), your compiled player might be not supporting that particular freq. table, so periods for E and T are out of sync and causing dissonance.

But it might be something else (since there are not much details in the initial request =)

Alice V.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

oisee wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:08 pm Hi,

As an author of this tool, I am just guessing here, but it might be because by default autosiril uses 5th (0…4) freq. table (pythagorean tuning optimized for pure envelope+tone), your compiled player might be not supporting that particular freq. table, so periods for E and T are out of sync and causing dissonance.

But it might be something else (since there are not much details in the initial request =)

Alice V.
Very interesting conversion tool.
It seems to have a large number of command line parameters.
Is it possible somehow to automate the conversion process, it seems quite complicated to reach an acceptable result...
Some GUI for this tool, maybe ?
ejvg
Drutt

Post by ejvg »

Thanks for the answers, I agree that autosiril is great, but for me, that I have little idea of ​​music, it is difficult to understand the instructions.

The issue is that in some parts of the song, I, don´t know why, it sounds a white noise instead of music. I fixed it changing the values of the chanel, 1pe instead of 1me. It works, but I don't understand why.
oisee
Drutt

Post by oisee »

Pegaz wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:43 pm Very interesting conversion tool.
It seems to have a large number of command line parameters.
Is it possible somehow to automate the conversion process, it seems quite complicated to reach an acceptable result...
Some GUI for this tool, maybe ?
well I had in mind how it can be implemented, but since it is already doing what I want — it was least priority task =)
GUI frontend could be created with a following approach:
1) load midi
2) visualize tracks as notes
3) on/off for each channel
4) play-stop
5) set type of a channel
6) group tracks into AY channels
7) set priority (order) inside channel - generate a command for a CLI tool.

but... I believe it could be easily done in any existing free DAW. Maybe just a workshop/masterclass for 30...45 mins would be enough.