The latest ZXDB update will be applied this evening at 1800 BST. The update takes around 30 minutes, and the site goes down whilst this happens.

Help converting midi to pt3

On the creation of AY or Beeper music, including the packages used to do so.
ejvg
Drutt

Help converting midi to pt3

Post by ejvg »

Hello friends

I'd need some help to convert midi songs to pt3 with autosiril, I don´t know why when I test the music in my MPAGD game, it sounds badly.
If some musicians wants to collaborate arranging the files I would be very grateful. The game is a demake, so I have the scores, midis and mp3 so the work would be little.

Thanks in any case
oisee
Drutt

Re: Help converting midi to pt3

Post by oisee »

Hi,

As an author of this tool, I am just guessing here, but it might be because by default autosiril uses 5th (0…4) freq. table (pythagorean tuning optimized for pure envelope+tone), your compiled player might be not supporting that particular freq. table, so periods for E and T are out of sync and causing dissonance.

But it might be something else (since there are not much details in the initial request =)

Alice V.
Pegaz
Dynamite Dan

Post by Pegaz »

oisee wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:08 pm Hi,

As an author of this tool, I am just guessing here, but it might be because by default autosiril uses 5th (0…4) freq. table (pythagorean tuning optimized for pure envelope+tone), your compiled player might be not supporting that particular freq. table, so periods for E and T are out of sync and causing dissonance.

But it might be something else (since there are not much details in the initial request =)

Alice V.
Very interesting conversion tool.
It seems to have a large number of command line parameters.
Is it possible somehow to automate the conversion process, it seems quite complicated to reach an acceptable result...
Some GUI for this tool, maybe ?
ejvg
Drutt

Post by ejvg »

Thanks for the answers, I agree that autosiril is great, but for me, that I have little idea of ​​music, it is difficult to understand the instructions.

The issue is that in some parts of the song, I, don´t know why, it sounds a white noise instead of music. I fixed it changing the values of the chanel, 1pe instead of 1me. It works, but I don't understand why.
oisee
Drutt

Post by oisee »

Pegaz wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:43 pm Very interesting conversion tool.
It seems to have a large number of command line parameters.
Is it possible somehow to automate the conversion process, it seems quite complicated to reach an acceptable result...
Some GUI for this tool, maybe ?
well I had in mind how it can be implemented, but since it is already doing what I want — it was least priority task =)
GUI frontend could be created with a following approach:
1) load midi
2) visualize tracks as notes
3) on/off for each channel
4) play-stop
5) set type of a channel
6) group tracks into AY channels
7) set priority (order) inside channel - generate a command for a CLI tool.

but... I believe it could be easily done in any existing free DAW. Maybe just a workshop/masterclass for 30...45 mins would be enough.