Spectrum with 100% new parts (nearly)

Introduce yourself. Pimp your website, competition, event or other activity here, as long as it's Spectrum related.
lostretrotapes
Drutt

Spectrum with 100% new parts (nearly)

Post by lostretrotapes »

Thanks to forum members here who gave me some help and tips over the months the build took to research, build and fix!

Also wrote up the build on site at https://www.lostretrotapes.com/building ... ly-part-1/ with downloads of all the elements used including manuals and tape
Mousey
Microbot

Re: Spectrum with 100% new parts (nearly)

Post by Mousey »

Really enjoyed this - found it very interesting and also strangely relaxing! Well out of my skill (and patience!) range to do myself but lovely to see how it came together.
kingius
Drutt

Post by kingius »

Youtube actually recommended this for me to watch through it's algorithm and it was pretty fun. I'm guessing that your Spectrum will last a really long time now it has all new parts (but one); although to be fair existing Spectrums are lasting a long time already, but in 2060s yours may still be going strong!
lostretrotapes
Drutt

Post by lostretrotapes »

Not sure I will be going strong in 2060!
MustardTiger
Microbot

Post by MustardTiger »

Nice project! You've inspired me to have a go at building one, I already ordered a circuit board.

One thing I noticed with the Basic manual, and it's something I noticed with other PDFs on the web, and that's Appendix A is missing, the ascii table and list of z80 instructions. Were there different versions of the manual?
lostretrotapes
Drutt

Post by lostretrotapes »

You know what, I actually don't know. But what I'll do is get my original out the box and do a comparison. If it is missing, I'll redo the manual PDF and type in the missing info, and reprint them. I am trying to get them ring-bound anyway.
lostretrotapes
Drutt

Post by lostretrotapes »

Late reply but I ended up buying a nice manual off eBay and scanning every page and cleaning it up to get the missing pages. Can be downloaded from here https://www.lostretrotapes.com/new-buil ... e-manuals/