Spectrum emulator on Macos that allows rewind

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
MtM
Dizzy

Spectrum emulator on Macos that allows rewind

Post by MtM »

I wondered if anyone might know of please an emulator for Macos that allows rewind or roll back.

I use FUSE on my Mac but I am no doubt being thick I don't think I have worked out how to do rollback
with it or if it is even possible?

Any thoughts or ideas on the above will be much appreciated thank you!
TMD2003
Rick Dangerous

Re: Spectrum emulator on Macos that allows rewind

Post by TMD2003 »

My Mac is in a very sad state, so I can't check on it, but I used to use Fuse on it as it was the most reliable Mac emulator I could find.

Most of the time, Fuse involves excessive pointing and clicking with the mouse when hotkeys would be better, but for Rollback (on the Windows version at least, and I don't see why the Mac should be different), it's as simple as "press Insert to add a Rollback point and Delete to go back to it". It keeps a list of Rollback points, and under File > Recording > Rollback to... all these previous points can be accessed.
Spectribution: Dr. Jim's Sinclair computing pages.
Features my own programs, modified type-ins, RZXs, character sets & UDGs, and QL type-ins... so far!
MtM
Dizzy

Re: Spectrum emulator on Macos that allows rewind

Post by MtM »

TMD2003 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 4:40 pm My Mac is in a very sad state, so I can't check on it, but I used to use Fuse on it as it was the most reliable Mac emulator I could find.

Most of the time, Fuse involves excessive pointing and clicking with the mouse when hotkeys would be better, but for Rollback (on the Windows version at least, and I don't see why the Mac should be different), it's as simple as "press Insert to add a Rollback point and Delete to go back to it". It keeps a list of Rollback points, and under File > Recording > Rollback to... all these previous points can be accessed.
Ah, right, thanks for that, I will give it a try afterwards. A pity your Mac is not working so well, although I am writing this on my
pc right now, modern macs are excellent machines, particular the Apple Silicon ones, risc cpu / gpu and macos works well. They are still
very overpriced for what they are I feel but it's a nice os I think, they will never have the software support in general the pc's have but
that doesn't matter too much that often.

I have that newish emulator installed too on my mac, can't think of the name of it, it's a virtual machine, that seems quite good
too but no obvious rollback.

There is an old emulator on the pc called EmuZWin that I still use even though it's out of development for about 17 years or so that has
the best rollback I have seen, just press alt and cursors to jump back a few seconds, ad infinitum or forward, really could not be easier,
makes playing difficult games a lot easier without pokes or anything like that, mac equivalent of that feature would be great!