Hey hey 16k DVD on sale for £2

Stuff for sale or wanted, hopefully MEGA+@rare!!!, or commercial projects
uglifruit
Manic Miner

Hey hey 16k DVD on sale for £2

Post by uglifruit »

Go Faster Stripe are selling the Hey Hey 16k DVD for £2 at the moment.

Link to the sale items:

here

And specifically to the dvd here:

here
CLEAR 23855
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Hey hey 16k DVD on sale for £2

Post by R-Tape »

Cheers. Sold (I won't let the dancing put me off).
uglifruit
Manic Miner

Post by uglifruit »

I've no idea about the quality. But for a couple of pounds I'm in. (The company selling them seem nice, too. I've bought from them before).
CLEAR 23855
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Post by Seven.FFF »

Go Faster Stripe is great. I went to one of their early performance filmings at the theatre in Cardiff where the founder works. As a massive Stewart Lee fan, I was very pleased that they basically set themselves up because nobody would film and release Stew's performances.

Bit disappointed they're actively selling off all their old stock of the very things they tried to capture. I know they pivoted to streaming, but as we all know, rare physical product lasts, and streaming goes away eventually.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins
uglifruit
Manic Miner

Post by uglifruit »

Well I watched it.

I obviously enjoyed the three clips of spectrum programs loading (including a not-very-hidden one of the GoFasterStripe logo as a speccy screen$) on the menu.

Given the effort involved (in ripping the audio from the DVD, then getting an emulator that loads WAV files) I'm glad that the resultant BASIC had this...

(edit...)

Actually, should those three programs be preserved here?

I can't work out how to do wav to tzx/tap (and MakeTZX tool seems to have disappeared). TZXTools seems to be the tool these days, maybe.
CLEAR 23855
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Mine came this weekend, but I haven't watched it (nor done much else) yet thanks to the Ashes.

It sounds like those programs should be preserved @uglifruit - maybe all lumped as one ID if they're very small and 'throwaway'. So you've already got WAVs? I've got WAV 2 TAP if you want me to have a go.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

I rather enjoyed that. I'd like more speccy/retro references, but any comedy punctuated by the Hey Hey 16K song is alright by me. Not that I can talk, but... they had dancing lessons?!
uglifruit wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:24 pm Actually, should those three programs be preserved here?
If they were just screens, then zx-art would be the place, but given there's extra material in the REM statements I think there's a case for preserving here too. IMO they should all go under one ID, titled "Hey Hey 16K". Any chance you could share the WAVs?
uglifruit
Manic Miner

Post by uglifruit »

I've managed to get my head around Python's PIP package manager enough to install TZXTOOLS (github here) and used them to create tzxs from the wavs I ripped from the DVD. Wooh, go me!

The three files are here.

Two are basically screenshots - albeit with some REM statements in the loader, the last one is the ZX Speccy file that created the credits to the film.

I'm assuming the tzx files render the wavs unnecessary.

PROCESSED
DH 24/06/23
CLEAR 23855