Duckstroma pt.2

People are still making stuff for the Sinclair related machines. Tell us about new games and other software that runs on the Spectrum, ZX80/ZX81, Pentagon and Next.
UltraNarwhal
Drutt

Duckstroma pt.2

Post by UltraNarwhal »

The ZX/MSX finale of Duckstroma is now available
R-Tape
Site Admin

Re: Duckstroma pt.2

Post by R-Tape »

Thanks! It took me a while to remember the gameplay mechanic. I'm ashamed to say I was stuck on the first screen for a bit. (REM QAOP-M. Down is lay egg, walk to egg, stand over egg when it vapourises so you get a boost jump).

This version looks a bit like the graphics have been ported from another system, rather than Duckstroma 1, which looked like the speccy was the native graphic source. This is a small nitpick however, as I'll play it through and enjoy it.

Time to invoke the Dancing Duck...

UltraNarwhal
Drutt

Post by UltraNarwhal »

R-Tape wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:56 pm This version looks a bit like the graphics have been ported from another system, rather than Duckstroma 1, which looked like the speccy was the native graphic source. This is a small nitpick however, as I'll play it through and enjoy it.
Quite odd as both started with ZX graphics and part 2 reuses loads of the tiles. ZX version has bonus feature due to colour clash, torches shine light on Aura :dance.
R-Tape
Site Admin

Post by R-Tape »

Top stuff. That's some good honest platforming fun to start the weekend. It's just the right size to feel like you're exploring and also complete it without resorting to cheats. I looked again at Duckstroma#1 and I see what you mean about the re-used graphics—turns out I was talking nonsense!

I'm going to have that dreamy, soothing AY track in my head for the rest of the day now...
UltraNarwhal wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:41 pm :dance.
This forum needs a dancing duck emoji now.
UltraNarwhal
Drutt

Post by UltraNarwhal »

Updated Duckstroma/Duckstroma pt.2 is now available, should fix a crashing bug.