Bicolor grafics on Marvin

Struggling with Fuse or trying to find an emulator with a specific feature. Ask your questions here.
gabriele amore
Microbot

Bicolor grafics on Marvin

Post by gabriele amore »

Hi there
I cannot have games like Buzzsaw or old tower working on Marvin (there is no rainbow grafix showing)
... Is there a special set up I am not aware of, or is it just not possible?
Seven.FFF
Manic Miner

Re: Bicolor grafics on Marvin

Post by Seven.FFF »

It’s not usually an option that you turn on or off. It’s whether emulation of the speccy is accurate or not.

It’s possible to do a really simplified emulation that only updates the screen once per frame, and still most games would run ok.

But any game that updates the screen with precise timings while chasing the video “raster” across the screen needs precise emulation of how those video timings work in the hardware.

Sometimes, depending on how you architected the emulator, it might be easier to start again rather than add timing accuracy afterwards.
Robin Verhagen-Guest
SevenFFF / Threetwosevensixseven / colonel32
NXtel NXTP ESP Update ESP Reset CSpect Plugins
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Re: Bicolor grafics on Marvin

Post by Joefish »

I can't remember if Marvin has a 'colour-accurate timing' setting or not. I thought it did, but you have to look for it in the settings. I vaguely remember it isn't enabled by default. Failing that, there's the 'Dim Sun' edition of Buzzsaw+, which uses ordinary colour graphics:
https://spectrumcomputing.co.uk/entry/3 ... un_Edition