Sinclair Basic compiler IDE ?

The place for codemasters or beginners to talk about programming any language for the Spectrum.
Turtle_Quality
Manic Miner

Sinclair Basic compiler IDE ?

Post by Turtle_Quality »

I know there's a couple of IDEs out there for ZX Basic, and I copied a post here recently about ugBasic which compiles another Basic dialect for many retro computers. But is there an IDE out there which will help with editing then compiling original Sinclair Basic for the Spectrum ?

Basin came close and compiles some assembly code (even with comments) but I understand that feature was still at an early stage when Basin forked to BasinC, and I didn't get the resulting code to work. ( @ZXDunny or @arda anything to add ?)

If not I guess the workaround is to try to using Basin as an editor and load PSS' MCODER compiler and see if they can be used together.
Definition of loop : see loop
ZXDunny
Manic Miner

Re: Sinclair Basic compiler IDE ?

Post by ZXDunny »

Yes, BASin was never finished and likely, as a compiler, will never be; I've moved on to pastures new I'm afraid - Spectrum BASIC on a PC is way more fun than it ever was on a Spectrum - but you should be able to compile with a native compiler. Don't expect amazing m/c performance though, you're still compiling BASIC.
worcestersource
Manic Miner

Re: Sinclair Basic compiler IDE ?

Post by worcestersource »

Have you seen Boriel?