Relive Those Alphacom 32 Days!

Anything relating to non Sinclair computers from the 1980's, 90's or even before.
Joefish
Rick Dangerous

Relive Those Alphacom 32 Days!

Post by Joefish »

Tiny rechargeable thermal bluetooth printer, about the size of half a Rubik's Cube. It takes 57mm wide x (up to) 30mm diameter thermal till rolls. You can get continuous sticker rolls too. You can get individual stickers on a roll, but I've no idea how you'd align them for output.

The Android software is a bit rubbish (search 'Fun Print') but it's quite fun for 5 minutes with different picture, label, note etc. options. No font choices though. Waiting for some reels of sticker paper to arrive before more messing about ensues. Could be useful for labelling things up at the last minute at exhibitions. Kids might have fun with it, though you'll want to boost the contrast / gamma in any photos before printing, and you can't do that in the printer's own software.

Still, you can snap Speccy screens on your phone and print them out for that authentic felling of rather naff hardcopy that may or may not last! :dance

This cheapo one comes with one paper roll and, for the kids, some mini coloured pens. Continuous sticker rolls are around six for a tenner. There are also coloured papers, coloured stickers, and mixed multi-packs.
Morkin
Bugaboo

Re: Relive Those Alphacom 32 Days!

Post by Morkin »

Before I opened this thread I thought someone might have released some customised Alphacom toilet roll.
My Speccy site: thirdharmoniser.com
flatduckrecords
Manic Miner

Post by flatduckrecords »

That sounds like a bargain! I got a similar one after it was reviewed by Techmoan.

I mainly use it for printing my floppy disk labels! (So far they seem to last, if you keep them out of direct sunlight).

1024MAK
Bugaboo

Post by 1024MAK »

Do I need to get my Philips Copy 80 thermal printer out. It makes both the ZX Spectrum and my Alphacom 32 printer look small…

Mark
:!: Standby alert :!:
“There are four lights!”
Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb :dance
Looking forward to summer later in the year.
Journeyman
Microbot

Post by Journeyman »

I've got a Brother EP-44 thermal typewriter! I use cut A4 sheets with it. They cost an arm and a leg, but the print quality is great (before it fades).

It also has an RS232 port, so I've printed from both my Speccy and Z88 with it.
Wrestling with useless old junk since 1974.
Vintage computers: ZX81, Spectrum +2, TRS-80 Model 100, Z88, Amstrad NC100
http://journeyman.online